Need help for dahua ptz camera is freezing

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
When it comes to PTZ cameras, you will need to be more stringent in terms of cable being used, how its being crimped, and the power source. I would recommend you also get a power supply for the PTZ as backup. If the issue persists then it will likely be a mechanical problem, don't think reflashing firmware will help. Or factory defaults may help, but I would not recommend this right now because as it stands the type of cable you're using is obviously not appropriate for this setup. Never use CCA cable. ;)

raghu0713

n3wb
Reaction score
When it comes to PTZ cameras, you will need to be more stringent in terms of cable being used, how its being crimped, and the power source. I would recommend you also get a power supply for the PTZ as backup. If the issue persists then it will likely be a mechanical problem, don't think reflashing firmware will help. Or factory defaults may help, but I would not recommend this right now because as it stands the type of cable you're using is obviously not appropriate for this setup. Never use CCA cable. ;)
Ok so you know with camera it comes power adapter that I haven’t plug it yet so do you want me to go with to change ether net cable or plug power adapter?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the power adapter, but to be frank, that cable needs to go, swap it out at your earliest convenience. If plugging in power adapter doesn’t resolve the problem then it can likely be the Ethernet cable itself. Is your POE switch POE+ compatible?
Ok so you know with camera it comes power adapter that I haven’t plug it yet so do you want me to go with to change ether net cable or plug power adapter?

raghu0713

n3wb
Reaction score
Try the power adapter, but to be frank, that cable needs to go, swap it out at your earliest convenience. If plugging in power adapter doesn’t resolve the problem then it can likely be the Ethernet cable itself. Is your POE switch POE+ compatible?
Yes it is.ok let me plug in adapter first and also change the cable.then I will let you know.thanks for your help.i reapply appreciated.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have used premade wires from Ebay(changed the length as needed), I'm using a 130W POE switch and I don't have a single issue, with my 59225. I have no idea what type of wires has in it, I know that is Cat6.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
What kind of switch do you have? It has to be POE+. I have a feeling, that you don't provide enough juice to it.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
When is auto tracking, or you move it manually, it consumes more power, since motor movement comes into play.

raghu0713

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine one is also 130w. Today I connected with power adapter so it is much better now but it still freezing so will change the ethernet cable now.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, how are able to confirm if it’s freezing or not? are you using Blue Iris, NVR, or built in SD card? Where is the playback originating from?

Lakersown

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the wire I got it
Hey guys, new member here. I just bought 3 of these Dahuas and am having the same problem of the video freezing when auto tracking is enabled and the camera moves. Only way I've been able to get it to work somewhat decent is by dropping the frame rate to 5. Anyone get a newer firmware than system: v2.8 build date of 8-27-2019. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here. I just bought 3 of these Dahuas and am having the same problem of the video freezing when auto tracking is enabled and the camera moves. Only way I've been able to get it to work somewhat decent is by dropping the frame rate to 5. Anyone get a newer firmware than system: v2.8 build date of 8-27-2019. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you purchased from Andy PM him for the latest firmware @EMPIRETECANDY

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope so to, I strongly advise against buying off from eBay. Buying from Andy's shop will give a sense of confidence when it comes to post-sales support. :)

Thx Arjun, I didn't purchase them from Andy, got them on eBay. I pmd him anyways, hopefully he'll still hook me up with a newer firmware if it exists

Lakersown

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope so to, I strongly advise against buying off from eBay. Buying from Andy's shop will give a sense of confidence when it comes to post-sales support. :)
Oh OK cool, thx, I will go with him next time on my next install. I usually don't have issues as I've done mostly fixed 8mp installs. Customer of mine is trying to cover several big parking lots so I was trying to get the cheapest ptz that would do the auto track. I'm usually a Hikvision guy (smart track for them) but their cheapest ptz that dies that was significantly higher than this Dahua. But I guess you get what you pay for right.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Also don't expect much from the auto tracking, it is more of a gimmick. Once in a while may work well.
Like a week ago, I have changed all my cameras ip address, and since then, I can't make it move on it's own anymore. Auto Track is selected.

Lakersown

n3wb
Reaction score
Also don't expect much from the auto tracking, it is more of a gimmick. Once in a while may work well.
Like a week ago, I have changed all my cameras ip address, and since then, I can't make it move on it's own anymore. Auto Track is selected.
Ya I hear you Tibimikai, it's very unstable at best. It's my first time dealing with this function on any ptz. I will be adding fixed 8 mp cams as well as more of an overview. Was hoping these ptzs could cover the further most parts of the lots with the auto track function and be "roamers". I'll let you guys know how they work out. Thx again for the info guys.