Need help getting cameras back online

ReefPilot

n3wb
Reaction score
Changed internet providers, and now all my cameras aren't working. Before they were all on a network such as 192.165.1.###. Now my new gateway (ATT fiber) is on a different subnet, so I am trying to change them to 192.165.2.### using SADP tools. But I cannot remember the password to the various Hikvision and Dahua cameras (default didn't work).

I thought if I unplugged them and reconnected they would connect to my network and get assigned a new IP from the new network. But no such luck.
I also tried to create a new Vlan under the old subnet of 192.165.1.#, but haven't had luck there.

Hoping to get this resolved soon, as I may have to go out of town. Thank you in advance for any recommendations, etc. Kinda desperate!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Changed internet providers, and now all my cameras aren't working. Before they were all on a network such as 192.165.1.###. Now my new gateway (ATT fiber) is on a different subnet, so I am trying to change them to 192.165.2.### using SADP tools. But I cannot remember the password to the various Hikvision and Dahua cameras (default didn't work).

I thought if I unplugged them and reconnected they would connect to my network and get assigned a new IP from the new network. But no such luck.
I also tried to create a new Vlan under the old subnet of 192.165.1.#, but haven't had luck there.

Hoping to get this resolved soon, as I may have to go out of town. Thank you in advance for any recommendations, etc. Kinda desperate!
Hi @ReefPilot

Do you mean 192.168.1.### and 192.168.2.### ?

If so, you can configure your router to use 192.168.1.### ( typically not an issue )

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
As I've changed ISP's over the years (CenturyLink DSL, AT&T Fixed wireless, WildBlue & HughesNet satellite) it's always been easier, IMO, to log into the modem/router with its LAN IP and change its LAN to the same subnet as it was in the old modem/router; some will prompt you to also change the DHCP pool and gateway or change it automatically to fit the new schema...it depends. But changing one IP in the router is so much easier than changing a bunch of cams, IMO.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for any recommendations, etc. Kinda desperate!
Definitely follow the advice that's been suggested - it's so much easier just to change the new gateway IP address to be the same as the previous one rather than to change all devices on the LAN that have a fixed IP address to new addresses.

ReefPilot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you to all those who jumped in to help. I know that should have been a lot easier than it was, but at the time I was dealing with a Unifi gateway and cloud key that were being a royal pain. Also happened on the day I reinstalled Windows, etc, so things were not cooperating! But got them all back on the original IP address. Actually, they all pulled a correct IP when I got back home after being gone for the week. So was pleasantly surprised. Anyway, thanks again for the help.