Need help getting started with bench testing cameras with blue iris

Blue42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally have all my components. Cameras, poe switch made my own cables and purchased blue iris. Got everything connected and can't get the camera to connect to blue iris. It will not pull the camera up when I try to find it. I'm doing something wrong. Or I don't have it hooked up right.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally have all my components. Cameras, poe switch made my own cables and purchased blue iris. Got everything connected and can't get the camera to connect to blue iris. It will not pull the camera up when I try to find it. I'm doing something wrong. Or I don't have it hooked up right.
likely an ip subnet issue. The first thing you need to do is login to the cameras own web interface. If you cant, blue iris cant.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What cameras?

You need to set the cameras up in the camera web gui before you can put them into BI.

For example, if you bought all Dahua cams, they all come with the same IP address of 192.168.1.108 and you have to manually change them to match your IP subnet and make each one unique before BI can see them.

Then in BI you type in the IP address, username and password of the camera and hit find/inspect and then it will find the camera.

So if they are all plugged in and you didn't do any of this then they are all IP conflicting one another.

Blue42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I go about doing that. I'm as green as they come with this lol.

Blue42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What cameras?

You need to set the cameras up in the camera web gui before you can put them into BI.

For example, if you bought all Dahua cams, they all come with the same IP address of 192.168.1.108 and you have to manually change them to match your IP subnet and make each one unique before BI can see them.

Then in BI you type in the IP address, username and password of the camera and hit find/inspect and then it will find the camera.

So if they are all plugged in and you didn't do any of this then they are all IP conflicting one another.
I started with IPC-COLOR4K-T180. Switched over to a icp-t5442tm-as 3.6mm

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For this camera you will need to use Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with IE tab, but plain ole Explorer. If you use another browser some of the settings won't hold, like tracking time.

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

Attachments

Blue42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whoa! OK I'm in the ethernet setting 1pv4 with the computer disconnected from the internet. Typed in the ip and hit save and says it can't save

Blue42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still can't get this camera to go. I tried changing the ip address and it says it can't be saved. Anything I'm missing to get this going?

Attachments