Need help in selecting a PTZ camera

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Need help in selecting and configuring a PTZ camera for installation at my RC flying club field.
We have a cell modem/router from Sprint it is a NetGEar model LG6100D. We have a plan with unlimited data so it will not be a problem . I had planned to install 4 separate cameras so club members (or members of the general public) could view various area of the field on our club website.
The Sprint version of the NetGEar mode/router only permits one port forwarding setting. It appears that Sprint has changed the NetGEar firmware. So only one camera can be used (unless I am missing something).

So a reasonable solution would be to use a single PTZ camera that has a web server built in. I did purchase a camera thinking it would do what I want but it lacks a webserver so it can not be accessed over the internet.
It appears that the controlling server has to be on the same physical network.
I was hoping to set the camera up to scan, dwell, scan, dwell etc to cover the areas of the field desired.

The camera I purchased is an unbranded EBay camera :
PTZ specifications
Model: JK-HD54FDM523AE
Sensor: 1/2.7"CMOS SC2135
Effective pixels:1080P (1080X1920)

Specs and functionality looked good but I overlooked the lack of a on board webserver.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera I purchased is an unbranded EBay camera :
PTZ specifications
Model: JK-HD54FDM523AE
Sensor: 1/2.7"CMOS SC2135
Effective pixels:1080P (1080X1920)

Specs and functionality looked good but I overlooked the lack of a on board webserver.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Welcome @David Garrison

If it has an rtsp feed available you can stream that out, a number of people have looked at ways to do a live stream on youtube.

Note, remember you will want to secure any IP camera from public access as most IP cameras are rather vulnerable to cyber attacks. So see the security notes in the wiki ( turn off UPnP, P2P, no port forwarding )