Need Help please

Normex

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need help to get the small desktop frame that floats over browser. (Windows 10)

Normex

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I had a small frame that resided on top of my window browser which I could select and move. This way I could read on my browser and at the same time see what is happening on my camera view.
But somehow I may have a setting changed or similar and I can only see the camera view as a full size window which in my case is not useful.
Thanks

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I had a small frame that resided on top of my window browser which I could select and move. This way I could read on my browser and at the same time see what is happening on my camera view.
But somehow I may have a setting changed or similar and I can only see the camera view as a full size window which in my case is not useful.
Thanks
Ok, so on said camera you right-clicked and selected 'Open in desktop frame'. Typically it appears as a small frame but yours has gone much larger. Any chance hovering over the bottom left of the frame allows you to re-size to a smaller size? I haven't been able to re-create your issue yet but will keep trying and update.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A
Ok, so on said camera you right-clicked and selected 'Open in desktop frame'. Typically it appears as a small frame but yours has gone much larger. Any chance hovering over the bottom left of the frame allows you to re-size to a smaller size? I haven't been able to re-create your issue yet but will keep trying and update.
Any chance you have the 'Maximize Frame' ticked on the menu?

Normex

n3wb
Reaction score
By hovering on the left lower side, there is nothing that appears and lastly the maximize frame is not ticked.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By hovering on the left lower side, there is nothing that appears and lastly the maximize frame is not ticked.
RIGHT click over the displayed cam, you'll get the popup below.
Insure the two red boxes are NOT checked.

BI_desktop-frame.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For future use: when attaching a screenshot, it's best to attach an image, not a document. Your 1.3MB document can be a 318K 'JPG' image, much smaller.

1) Do the screenshot ( <SHIFT>PrtScn or just 'PrtScn' key)
2) Open your image editor (Paint, PaintShop Pro, Gimp, etc.)
3) Depending on your image editor, a "<CTRL> C" will 'Paste' a new image.
4) Save as 'JPG' or 'PNG'.

Normex

n3wb
Reaction score
Note cam config settings, delete and re-add cam.
If I do this do I have to restart from the beginning as I recalled it was a very complex for me to have the camera working.
Or could I save what I have now and access it if I have too much difficulty ?

Normex

n3wb
Reaction score
I recall a very nice expert that I used Teamviewer and he logged on my computer to make it work properly, this was more than a year ago.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I do this do I have to restart from the beginning as I recalled it was a very complex for me to have the camera working.
Or could I save what I have now and access it if I have too much difficulty ?
No, delete just the cam, NOT all of Blue Iris.
Write down the IP, camera make/model, etc. or do a screenshot and print it out.
Delete that cam and add a 'new' cam, use those settings.

Learn by doing!

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, delete just the cam, NOT all of Blue Iris.
Write down the IP, camera make/model, etc. or do a screenshot and print it out.
Delete that cam and add a 'new' cam, use those settings.

Learn by doing!
Just a thought, not sure it's sound logic, but you can add the same camera again. This would give you two identical camera feeds. Try open the new instance in a desktop frame and see if it makes a difference. Again, this may not be sound logic.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a thought, not sure it's sound logic, but you can add the same camera again. This would give you two identical camera feeds. Try open the new instance in a desktop frame and see if it makes a difference. Again, this may not be sound logic.
No, that's fine...should accomplish the same thing, if the 'new' one behaves as expected, delete the old one.