Need help putting together system for non-profit

gbouten

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been a long time user of BI for my home use. I also, help a local non profit with there It issues. There surveillance equipment in their thrift store is very outdated and a major source of income for this agency that works with adults with disabilities and children with early developmental delays. I was thinking of building them a new system using a PC and BI instead of purchasing a new DVR system. I have used BI myself for years and comfortable with it. My only issue is that they have several analog cameras that are still usable and using them would save some of the cost of purchasing all new IP cameras. I put this questing to Ken and he suggested getting an interface box to connect to the PC. He said that would be easier to find than a card to install in the PC. I would need a way of setting up a remote monitor so customers would see that there is a surveillance system working like you see in most stores. I'm not sure how to do this with BI. Any help would be appreciated as this organization does such good to our community. Feel free to contact me via my email for calling me 5754308583. Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated

Greg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont build...search the forum for optiplex and elite desk. Dont use the old cams... replace them..

gbouten

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks the cameras are not old they are new. Someone purchased them a few months ago I just wanted to make use of them since IP cams are still expensive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks the cameras are not old they are new. Someone purchased them a few months ago I just wanted to make use of them since IP cams are still expensive.
Good ip cameras can be had for 70 dollars or so. You can use an axis encoder but unless you find one cheap on ebay they will cost more than replacing the cams..