Need help to install my camera

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello guys!

A couple of days before I bought Dahua dh-sd59225u-hni How to check my IP for this camera? I used an app named IP Config it shows an IP adress but when I type it in my browser nothings showing. The camera is used.

I want to reset the camera because I don't know the original username and password. I saw there's a reset button at the back of the camera. I will reset it and then try to install with on my phone with an app named gDMSS. is this going to work or I need to install with on my PC?

My second question is when I open the camera I see a lot of numbers. In the manual I see it's 12345678 - Address, 12 - Baud rate 34 - Parity. Do I need to change that? I will upload a picture so you can see. Also I will upload as well the manual for this camera.

Sorry for my English it's not really good but I need your help.

Attachments

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
what browser are you using? Try internet explorer and see if that works

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
u can reset the camera by removing the back cover and press the button for at least 10 sec with power applied.

Else ask the previous owner for username / password/ ipaddress.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
u can reset the camera by removing the back cover and press the button for at least 10 sec.
Yes I understand but what about the numbers at the back of the camera? I showed them in the attached files.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ignore it... the sd59225 is a ip camera and does not use these numbers.
Okay thanks I will try it. Do you know what's the original default username and password for this camera?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay thanks I will try it. Do you know what's the original default username and password for this camera?
depends on the firmware..

if it's quite new, it will initialise the camera where u will be asked create a password..

if it is really old firmware .. i think it is admin / admin or admin / (blank) .. i can't remember already... just try these combinations..

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hold it for 5-7 seconds
It's back to the original IP. What to do next? I'm using the android app gDMSS Plus but it says it can't connect.

when I type the original IP in the browser it's not opening.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DOWNLOAD this one, and follow the guide to activate the cam.
Thanks for the answers. Which guide to follow exactly? Btw I holded the reset button for 10-12 seconds is that a problem? I also did it twice but its back to default IP so i think it's reseted.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe the default IP address of 192.168.1.108 is not in the same range as your LAN.
What's your LAN IP address range?

Use the config tool to change the camera IP address to match your network.
I'm really really sorry if I'm asking stupid questions but how to see my lan IP adress range? My router is close to the camera.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
take out a spare switch if you have one.

plug the camera to that switch and also plug your laptop to that switch.
ensure nothing else is plug into that switch

change your laptop ip address to
ip: 192.168.1.2
netmask: 255.255.255.0

then fire up internet explorer on your laptop and key in 192.168.1.108 to access the camera website.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if I'm asking stupid questions but how to see my lan IP adress range?
It's not a stupid question - it's quite a common one, and forum members are here to assist.

A couple of methods -

On the PC, use the taskbar search for cmd.exe and hit Enter.
Then use ipconfig /all and scroll up all the info and look for the WiFi or ethernet adaptor where it will show the IP address.

Or on 'Settings' on an Android phone - use 'About phone'. But it may not list the needed IPV4 address if you are using an IPV6 setup on your router.