Need help. WEB view stopped working with MacBook.

JEO

n3wb
Reaction score
When I set up my cameras and NVR I finally got the WEB program to work for the cameras and somewhat for the NVR. Working somewhat means that the only preview I could get to show up on WEB for the NVR was the multi preview with all camera feeds combined in a single viewing window. Individual camera feeds would not work on the NVR.

Logging into each individual camera on WEB worked fine.

I finally got Smart PSS working on the MacBook too after a bit of trouble. I’m still new at all of this and sometimes I prefer the WEB interface because Smart PSS sometimes seems to have a mind of it’s own. Today I find that when I log into the WEB interface for a camera I get “no signal” with the preview. This is the same for all cameras. If I log into the NVR on WEB it works as before, no individual channels but it still gets the multi preview.

multi preview.jpg no signal.jpg
If I drag out my ancient PC and log in to WEB they all work fine.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix the “no signal” issue for my MacBook, as I’d prefer to stick with it and not my old PC.

I’ve been using Safari on the MacBook. I’ve never got Firefox to access WEB on my mac as it says “please install plugins first” and when I click on the plugin message it goes to 404 Plugins Not Found. I’ve made no changes to the settings or updates to my mac. My cameras and NVR are plugged into a switch that is plugged into my router.

It’s evident that Dahua is more PC than Mac friendly but it seems that some of you have been able to make this work.

Any help would be appreciated.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You might try Firefox ESR 52.

Chrome should work if you use the NACL app. NACL Web Plug-in
To use this you have to go to chrome://apps and launch it.

Do your cameras and NVR all list the same WEB version on their information page?

There numerous threads on this, but all the major browsers have been dropping plugin support and camera mfgs have been slow to adapt. The good news is they're at least trying to get HLS to work, there are some non-functioning remnants of their efforts in some cameras.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compare sub stream settings on cameras that are working and ones that aren't

JEO

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply tangent. The numerous threads haven't been that helpful as more people seem to be using PCs than macs. When I've seen threads that mention WEB problems on mac the response was to use Smart PSS. That's good but there are settings on WEB that I've not seen on Smart PSS.
Some of the cameras have matching WEB versions on their info page and some do not, neither match the NVR WEB version. If the problem was the plugin I wouldn't think the video would not work on the multi preview like it does for the NVR. All mainstream and sub settings are the same for each device and have not changed since WEB preview stopped working for my cameras.
I'll have to give Chrome a try.

JEO

n3wb
Reaction score
If the problem was the plugin I wouldn't think the video would work on the NVR multi preview.

JEO

n3wb
Reaction score
SOLVED. After searching MacBook on the forum I found a thread where a member suggested changing the camera encode from H265 to H264 for a WEB viewing problem. This did the trick for me. Now each camera WEB preview works and the NVR WEB preview works as it should.