Need help with an LTS Package

Reaction score
I have a neighbor that sells LTS Cameras that is offering to install the following on my house for $2000 USD:

5 - CMIP7352W-28
1 - LTN8708K-P8 + 2tb drive

I don't know enough to know if this is good or bad. I'm not someone who can wire this myself, so I will need someone for that regardless. I know that LTS is OEM Hikvision and have read the cliff notes and know that Dahua seems to be the goto, especially the Starlights for night. I'm wondering if I can make a decent system with LTS and use my neighbor to do the install or if I should drop the LTS and figure something else out. The neighbor said he would install any system for about $120 a drop, but perfers the LTS.

Any more info you can provide would be great!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Couple of things, those have very wide angle lens', thus you would be hard pressed to ID a face unless they are very close to the cam.
You don't need 5 megapixel, won't do well at night.
They are dome cameras, if you studied the Cliff Notes, you would have seen that domes are not advised outdoors, due to many reflections issue's.
I would suggest 5 of these: Review-dahua-ipc-hdw2231rp-zs-starlight-camera-varifocal
And this NVR: Review-Dahua NVR4216-16P-4KS2 NVR | IP Cam Talk
Then you would need a Western Digital Purple hard drive.
https://www.amazon.com/Purple-4TB-Surveillance-Hard-Drive/dp/B071KVB4F8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3IFU5AYWBWPF6&keywords=4tb+purple+hard+drive&qid=1553705842&s=gateway&sprefix=purple+hard,aps,156&sr=8-3&th=1
Purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY a trusted vendor on this forum.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
ok. Then if I use my neighbor to install these I will be paying by the line run of $120 camera. Is that too much?

Also I see from your review that the 5231 has a few extra features. Do you feel its worth the extra couple bucks?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok. Then if I use my neighbor to install these I will be paying by the line run of $120 camera. Is that too much?

Also I see from your review that the 5231 has a few extra features. Do you feel its worth the extra couple bucks?
120 is a good price to run cable - in wall.
LTS rebrands hikvision. Hikvision recently released some very good 2 and 4mp low light cameras available as turrets.
See 4mp and 2mp easy 4.0 Accusense
Network Camera Pro Series(EasyIP) EasyIP 4.0 Series 4MP AcuSense-List1-Hikvision
There are two 4mp turrets there. One is marked new with strobe and audio OUT only. Note its night performance is worse than the other 4mp due to different f-stop.
LTS has one of the 4mp versions here, however, it has the worse low light specs but no strobe or audio out. Not sure if they might carry the other model or the 2mp version. This 4mp should perform ok though, but no one here has tested them as far as i can tell.
4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera - Domes / Turrets - IP Cameras
You would likely want the 4mm version.

Reaction score
I have done a bit of a homework by this point but I still feel I need some guidance. I am looking to install 3 turret cameras below the suffits of my new home being built. The suffits are about 12 feet off the ground. The home is located in a very safe neighborhood so no concerns of vandalism. The 3 cameras are to view and records the various angles of my front yard and backayrd. One of the cameras is to overlook the driveway with about 40-50 feet of viewing area. The other one is across the front lawn with a viewing area of about 50-60 feet deep and 50 feet wide. The last of the 3 is across the backyard with about 100 feet deep and 60 feet wide area to cover. I am also looking to install one more camera by the front door. Thinking this should be a dome, the front door has a little porch area so the camera will not be exposed to elements too much. The idea behind the front door camera is to record on NVR in case the planned Ring doorbell clout access is interrupted. The installed is proposed LTS cameras and LTS NVR. Can I get some recommendations? Thank you.