Need Help with DLink DCS-2230

kmon24

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently I'm trying to setup a DLink DCS-2230 IP camera. The Frame rates are currently at 1fps and i even went Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk to try and see if this helped. which it doesnt seem to do so. I'll say that im currently running the Demo version since we want to test this out before purchasing it, but wondering if this is limitations to this.

Also I have the camera up and running, but also not receiving any Audio at all which I know this camera has a microphone and should be able to do that function.

Can anyone suggest how to configure the camera streaming options on the camera page AND the settings in blue iris network cam setup to get the best picture?

There are so many permutations and combinations....and the ones which seem obvious, like choosing the rtsp stream with the same parameters on the camera web page and the blue iris settings do not seem to work.

Also here is a picture of my frames/Pixels(this camera is a 2MP) Why is this happening?

upload_2017-6-9_11-25-2.png

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently I'm trying to setup a DLink DCS-2230 IP camera. The Frame rates are currently at 1fps and i even went Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk to try and see if this helped. which it doesnt seem to do so. I'll say that im currently running the Demo version since we want to test this out before purchasing it, but wondering if this is limitations to this.

Also I have the camera up and running, but also not receiving any Audio at all which I know this camera has a microphone and should be able to do that function.

Can anyone suggest how to configure the camera streaming options on the camera page AND the settings in blue iris network cam setup to get the best picture?

There are so many permutations and combinations....and the ones which seem obvious, like choosing the rtsp stream with the same parameters on the camera web page and the blue iris settings do not seem to work.

Also here is a picture of my frames/Pixels(this camera is a 2MP) Why is this happening?

View attachment 19106

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
you likely have video settings in the camera set incorrectly...wifi will also cause low fps...if you have lots of cams the demo will limit fps as well.

kmon24

n3wb
Reaction score
you likely have video settings in the camera set incorrectly...wifi will also cause low fps...if you have lots of cams the demo will limit fps as well.
We are testing only one camera and wifi is turned off. We have gone over every single option and not sure what the cause of this would be. It might just be something I'm over looking, but not sure