Need help with resetting hikvision cameras

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have 4 hikvision 2cd-2032-I that works great by just plug and play to my hikvision nvr , but then I discovered blue iris , amazing software !
So not being one to throw away stuff , I decided to use the cameras , I connect them to BI5 with a Poe switch & And sometimes bi will discover it and sometimes not . I figure it might need to be reset . But here is where the problems start.
So I use the sadp tool and it sees the camera but I don’t know the password . So I look around the forums and do the 30-30-30 reset button , but it does nothing . I exported the csv but where do I need to send it to ?
Is there any other way ?
Thanks for reading 1EAED579-1AEC-4A05-A89B-EED36A471EAE.jpeg1C925F8B-4262-4C0D-AA69-556FA719CB9B.jpeg

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I connect the Ethernet cable from my hik nvr (with the 4 cameras connected to the hik nvr) directly to my Poe switch , will BI5 be able to recognize it ? And will I be able to see all 4 cameras ?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry securame I did try that to no avail
The admin password on the cameras is the same as the admin password you HAD on the NVR when the cameras were activated.
The moment you activate a camera with PNP, the NVR activates it with its own password. If you later change the admin password on the NVR, that does not change the admin password on the cameras.

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m sorry , trying to make sense of all this , when I connect the camera on the sadp tool it will recognize it but asks for a password , so I put the same password as the NVR , but doesn’t work.
whats frustrating is BI5 doesn’t even see the camera at all

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your firmware is old, 5.2.5, I am quite sure that version is bugged and can be easily reset to defaults (there's plenty of info on the forum, and plenty of people who can help you out with that).

BI5 is the least of your problems, you will not be able to use those cameras with BI5 if you do not even have their password.

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did try to do some research , tried the 30 sec / 30 sec / 30 sec way and nothing , then I tried some link on this forum where it will create a password but unfortunately is asking me for the day month and year if the camera and I only have the month and year stamped on the camera

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the day/month/year required by the camera reset tool is that of camera startup from the SADP listing for the cam.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So I use the sadp tool and it sees the camera but I don’t know the password
Using a PC that has an IP address in the same range as that used by the cameras, see if this URL extracts a configuration file :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
If so, zip it up and attach here.

If the cameras were added to NVR PoE ports, they will likely be using 192.168.254.x which won't be what your LAN is using, so you'll need to temporarily change the PC to match, say 192.168.254.200

so I put the same password as the NVR , but doesn’t work.
Was this 'Invalid password' or '403 page not found'?

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using a PC that has an IP address in the same range as that used by the cameras, see if this URL extracts a configuration file :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
If so, zip it up and attach here.

If the cameras were added to NVR PoE ports, they will likely be using 192.168.254.x which won't be what your LAN is using, so you'll need to temporarily change the PC to match, say 192.168.254.200

Was this 'Invalid password' or '403 page not found'?
  • I am able to extract a csv file from the sadp tool, is that what you are referring to?
  • it says “invalid password “