need help

amer1979

n3wb
Reaction score
hi
i have camera the same clone dericam h502w (similar to Cybernova CN-WIP604MW)i need dump to fix it because i can not access to the camera any more and can not find any ip address of the camera on my network
please help me to find dump firmware to the camera i have programmer to flash because i think the problem is from firmware

amer1979

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried performing a hard reset to the camera?
yes i did that i made reset but nothing happen the camera run and no thing appear in my network and i scanned my network no ip of camera shown even the 192.168.1.111 of ftp is not working i have made search to find any dump firmware in the internet all the links are dead so i am asking help here maybe someone here have the dump of this camera stored in his pc archive so he share it with me

amer1979

n3wb
Reaction score
hi
the eeprom in this webcam is 8 megabyte and i need the dump of MX25L6408E so the size must be 8 megabyte

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the eeprom in this webcam is 8 megabyte and i need the dump of MX25L6408E so the size must be 8 megabyte
Yes, you'd need to know the partition layout so that the components from the firmware can be dropped in to the relevant sections of a template flash dump.
I don't have a kernel log, so I don't have that info, sorry.

If you can connect up to the serial console you may get some useful clues to the cause of the problem, and possible fix.

Skyking

n3wb
Reaction score
All, I have a box full (six) of these Dericam 502W cameras. At various times one would stop working, I would reset it and then could not get back into it, throw it in the box and shrink my constellation of them until finally I have none working. I have done resets on all of them. The green network light illuminates and flashes and they are getting power, but the network discovery tool does not find them. I have two versions of the network discovery tool, I have a Windows 10 and a Windows 11 computer I can use, but here is perhaps where part of the problem lies - My network is 192.168.2.xxx, not 192.168.1.xxx. I temporarilly changed my network to the 1.xxx format and it made no difference, so maybe that is not the issue. I do not have a back up so a restore is not an option. Can anyone suggest anything?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The manual says these are default as DHCP so they should get an IP from any subnet that it's connected to after reset.
Also, it says the default HTTP port is 81, not the usual 80 (some Foscams are like that as well).

Try this:
  • Go get Fing and install it on your smart phone.
  • Power down cam.
  • Hook cam up to the same LAN as your PC and your router (plug into router OK).
  • Get smartphone onto your LAN's Wi-Fi.
  • Open Fing and perform a scan of your LAN, note what's what.
  • Power up the cam, wait 60 seconds.
  • Perform a scan again, see if there's a new device.
  • Go to that device and scan for open ports.
  • If you find 81 as HTTP, open browser on your PC to the IP for that device but append ":81" to the IP and hit <Enter>.
P.S. - your user name reminds me of an early 50's TV series called Sky King, starring Kirby Grant. :cool:

Skyking

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR,

Wow, thanks VERY much for that thorough reply. In fact I have a Fingbox, and so since I saw your follow up I have been fooling around with them one of a time to see if I can spot any on the network. And I had forgotten that I had read that it will pick up an IP address via DHCP, so thanks for the reminder. The silly little cameras make a nice wildlife cam when you cover them with a bucket and have a notch for the camera to look out of. :thumb: I will keep fooling around with them and see if I can breathe life into any.

As for Skyking; when the Internet for the masses was pretty new and nascent forums were coming into existence I wanted something different for a user name. I am a 37 year captain for the largest airline in the world so that one popped into my head. :cool: I am humble and so that made the real joke of it, none of my peers would know it was me. :wave: So, I am glad that you were reminded of it. And the Cessna 310 is still a great light twin. ;)