Need PTZ hikvision with wifi and smart tracking/auto tracking

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

At 4mp i only find this 2 models:

DS-2DE3A404IW-DE/W
DS-2DE3A400BW-DE/W

The problem is to know if the camera supports smart tracking…like track a person or car…

I checked one video in youtube and a wired cam that don’t mention smart tracking in datasheet supports that feature

Also there is 2 models that replaced the old model in the video but they not have wifi connection:

DS-2DE4A425IW-DE

DS-2DE4A225IW-DE

But basically what i need is a ptz camera with wifi connection and with some feature to track moving objects or persons.

Thanks.

Last edited:

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @trap3d

The first 2 models you mentioned above do not support auto tracking... as you already know, the second two models have auto tracking but do not have wi-fi. I don't think there is a Hikvision camera that has both. Maybe another brand but I'm not familiar.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @trap3d

The first 2 models you mentioned above do not support auto tracking... as you already know, the second two models have auto tracking but do not have wi-fi. I don't think there is a Hikvision camera that has both. Maybe another brand but I'm not familiar.
So since my only option is wifi because i not have alternative with lan cable, i think that need forget the tracking feature…is that the models DS-2DE4A225IW-DE for example are wo cool with tracking option…

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So since my only option is wifi because i not have alternative with lan cable, i think that need forget the tracking feature
So, it sounds like you are willing to do without the auto tracking.

is that the models DS-2DE4A225IW-DE for example are wo cool with tracking option…
this part I don't understand...

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you are willing to do without the auto tracking.

this part I don't understand...
Just saying that the tracking option in those cameras are very good.

Also, from that 2 models with WiFi, which is the better?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You get a POE camera with autotracking and use a dedicated Ubiquity nanostation to provide the wifi data because routers are not good at camera wifi. Or use a PowerLine Adapter to send the data over the electric lines if the location and circuitry would be ideal for that.

Wifi and PTZ in a camera is not a good combination, which is why you are not getting any suggestions.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You get a POE camera with autotracking and use a dedicated Ubiquity nanostation to provide the wifi data because routers are not good at camera wifi. Or use a PowerLine Adapter to send the data over the electric lines if the location and circuitry would be ideal for that.

Wifi and PTZ in a camera is not a good combination, which is why you are not getting any suggestions.
I think that not will have enough signal from my router to use the Ubiquity nanostation…but the idea with the power line interest me.

So if i buy one of those 2 cameras with auto tracking, then i just need buy 2 power lines equipment?

If i understand, from outdoor camera, one cable of rj45 will go to the power line.

Then i just need use another power line where another rj45 cable will go to the router…i just need this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The nanostation doesn't use your router wifi. It has a unit at the camera and a unit somewhere close to the router and has a range of miles lol.

Yes that is how the PLA works, but get one that has POE+ on it to power the camera too.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The nanostation doesn't use your router wifi. It has a unit at the camera and a unit somewhere close to the router and has a range of miles lol.

Yes that is how the PLA works, but get one that has POE+ on it to power the camera too.
In your opinion, from these 2 solutions that you described what is the most efficient for you?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The bigger question is how far of a run is it for the electric and would it be in the same panel as preferably same circuit as the router would be on? Not sure what the electric codes are where you are.

But many folks here use the nanostation with very good success.

I have been using a PLA for many years with no issue, but some have had issues.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the Ubiquiti Nano-Loco devices, i have 2 - 4MP IP cams on it. about 400 feet thru the air waves @ 2.4GHZ....acts just like a wired connection. Love it.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The bigger question is how far of a run is it for the electric and would it be in the same panel as preferably same circuit as the router would be on? Not sure what the electric codes are where you are.

But many folks here use the nanostation with very good success.

I have been using a PLA for many years with no issue, but some have had issues.
The nanostation on the camera needs power to work or the rj45 cable that comes from camera is enough?