need recommendation for an ipcam

hans72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for an IPcam with following specification:
  • motion detection with video recording
  • saving video recording to my own cloud / ftp location (e.g. fritzbox)
  • motion detection not with sun/cloud changes (brightness changes)
  • with SD card (but also saving to my storage location)
  • outdoor
  • IR (night capable)

does something like this exist? I would be happy with any suggestion....
br

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
This forum tends to recommend Dahua cameras because they offer some really good options at affordable prices.

Since you haven't given a lot of information about your situation, it is hard to make a specific camera recommendation. But I'll do it anyway. For trying to capture usable "identifiable" footage out to about 20-25', check out the EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3. It is a variable focal length camera (2.7mm - 12mm) which means you can really dial in the coverage area to your specific situation. If you need to capture identifiable footage at farther distances, you'll need to "zoom in" further. This camera can capture identifiable footage out to about 40-45' at full zoom and there are other options with more zoom capabilities if you need it. We like this camera so much because it has a great combination of image sensor size and video resolution which will yield better low light results than most other options. It also has pretty good AI built into it which you can turn on to prevent motion triggers from the wind or sun, etc. Basically it meets all of your goals on paper (again we don't know about your physical deployment).

You can check it out here: EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 1/1.8" CMOS 4MP IR Starlight Vari-focal Tur but Andy also sells these cameras on Amazon if that is a better option for your location.

PS - this camera is a rebranded Dahua camera, but Andy's firmware is usually better than the factory firmware because he works so closely with the Dahua engineers to correct issues found in the factory firmware.

Last edited:

hans72

n3wb
Reaction score
to your specific situation. If you need to capture identifiable footage at farther distances, you'll need to "zoom in" further. This camera can capture identifiable footage out to about 40-45' at full zoom and there are other options with more zoom capabilities if
This forum tends to recommend Dahua cameras because they offer some really good options at affordable prices.

Since you haven't given a lot of information about your situation, it is hard to make a specific camera recommendation. But I'll do it anyway. For trying to capture usable "identifiable" footage out to about 20-25', check out the EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3. It is a variable focal length camera (2.7mm - 12mm) which means you can really dial in the coverage area to your specific situation. If you need to capture identifiable footage at farther distances, you'll need to "zoom in" further. This camera can capture identifiable footage out to about 40-45' at full zoom and there are other options with more zoom capabilities if you need it. We like this camera so much because it has a great combination of image sensor size and video resolution which will yield better low light results than most other options. It also has pretty good AI built into it which you can turn on to prevent motion triggers from the wind or sun, etc. Basically it meets all of your goals on paper (again we don't know about your physical deployment).

You can check it out here: EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 1/1.8" CMOS 4MP IR Starlight Vari-focal Tur but Andy also sells these cameras on Amazon if that is a better option for your location.

PS - this camera is a rebranded Dahua camera, but Andy's firmware is usually better than the factory firmware because he works so closely with the Dahua engineers to correct issues found in the factory firmware.
thanks
sorry, I did not mention:
  • wifi capable (very difficult to get LAN there)
  • USB or 220V - germany

beside that - cam looks great

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
If one can run cable to the cameras, internet is not needed and no need for WIFI.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks
sorry, I did not mention:
  • wifi capable (very difficult to get LAN there)
  • USB or 220V - germany

beside that - cam looks great
Hi @hans72

We've all experienced numerous issues with WiFi and Security Cameras ..

Are you certain their is no way to get a Cat5e/6 cable out to that location ?
Is it a separate building ?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I will say that since you have power at that location, you can use a wireless system to extend your ethernet network out to that other location over a point to point wireless bridge. Please realize that this is NOT using WiFi technology and it actually works well over distances, where WiFi is terrible. You'll be able to use non-WiFi cameras (and other regular network devices) at the remote location and send their data over this wireless bridge. You can get good results using this method.

Something like the Ubiquity Nanostation M5. (I'm not familiar enough with these systems to give you a hard recommendation, but this is the type of system I am talking about).