Need some camera advice please..

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
The whole town is without wifi? Just think of all the psychological damage to the children!
I rang Telstra today the Australian network provider they inform me its out until 15.12.2017 as they cross over to fiber optic.
Just run a speed test on my phone 1.21 down load upload 9.56 mbps
Every person must be hot spotting there phones atm.
Trying to watch Netflix is like an old school dial up modem back in the day when it took half an hr to see a hot chick appear on your screen :rofl:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL! This hits close to home....I'm in rural NW Alabama and my DSL ( actually ADSL) is 3.0meg down / 512KL up. Yep, 3.0 M down. And that's if the wind isn't blowing or nobody farts. It's almost like having NO Internet at times. Like two Dixie cups and some string (or wire).
I lived in N. CA's Silicon Valley for 29 years and would likely have fiber by now (or 5 years ago) but after my divorce in '04 I couldn't afford to live there anymore. Looking back it was still a good trade: bad wife for mediocre DSL. Constant complaining for tranquility. Ahhhh. :winktongue:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL! This hits close to home....I'm in rural NW Alabama and my DSL ( actually ADSL) is 3.0meg down / 512KL up. Yep, 3.0 M down. And that's if the wind isn't blowing or nobody farts. It's almost like having NO Internet at times. Like two Dixie cups and some string (or wire).
I lived in N. CA's Silicon Valley for 29 years and would likely have fiber by now (or 5 years ago) but after my divorce in '04 I couldn't afford to live there anymore. Looking back it was still a good trade: bad wife for mediocre DSL. Constant complaining for tranquility. Ahhhh. :winktongue:
That's smokin'. My brother in law has DSL and is lucky to get 0.5meg down. ;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm somewhat friends with someone that owns an ISP that mainly consists of dsl customers. He told me a while back that they still have 200 customers paying for dial up! They have faster options, but are not interesting in anything more. :facepalm:
That's amazing. You could probably use it look at an old circa 1996 to 2000 web page with HTML 2.0 or 4.0 that's all text, no images or media. The current Yahoo home page would likely take 5 minutes or more or 'time out' before it was done.

Man, I'll never complain again about my 3.0 meg down...............NOT!! :smash: