Need substitute for SD1A404XB in doorway

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mounted my SD1A404XB. After feedback from my wife, I moved if further back into the door way. In this position, it's features are wasted.

I'm going to move it to the backyard and use it for critter patrol around the pool. Does anyone have a favorite, low profile camera? I'm not interested in cutting a hole for a recessed dome.

LBFD.20200407_085852088.jpg LBFD.20200407_030000_1.jpg IMG_4128.jpg

I have a couple of TOP201's and LTS/Hik Bullets but would prefer something newer and nicer. Make size is 4.5" tall to clear the door swing. And no, final installation will not include the use of the blue painter's tape.

The doorbell camera is not ONVIF (Eufy 2K). The purpose is to just have it for the extra view and a recording to the BINVR.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hiya. Bumping myself to up. Vendors feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try the 2mp model? Never fall for the specs. This 4mp Starlight model with a 1/2.8" sensor is barely Starlight. The 2mp model was the real deal.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The point for my request is that there is no. Red to use a PTZ in a narrow doorway. I would move it up, but the forward position did not satisfy thE WAF requirements. I need a smaller, discrete camera for this location.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I mounted my SD1A404XB. After feedback from my wife, I moved if further back into the door way. In this position, it's features are wasted.

I'm going to move it to the backyard and use it for critter patrol around the pool. Does anyone have a favorite, low profile camera? I'm not interested in cutting a hole for a recessed dome.

View attachment 58969 View attachment 58970 View attachment 58971

I have a couple of TOP201's and LTS/Hik Bullets but would prefer something newer and nicer. Make size is 4.5" tall to clear the door swing. And no, final installation will not include the use of the blue painter's tape.

The doorbell camera is not ONVIF (Eufy 2K). The purpose is to just have it for the extra view and a recording to the BINVR.
This is an ideal camera for that location. You have it set wide which is fine during the day, however, at night, the IR reflection is screwing with the image. So you can set the camera (or in BI) to zoom in at night so that the walls and bushes dont reflect.

Reaction score
Like Loony said above and keep your porch lights on all night. Keep it in color mode, not IR. I have the IPC-HDBW4231FP-AS with porch lights on all night and get good color w/o IR feedback.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m fine with the lighting. There is a plug right there so I was thinking about putting in an IR light. My concern was that I paid for a PTZ, and when I asked for mounting feedback I was asked to move it further into the doorway, so the panning was negated. I’ve got a better spot for it in the backyard to take advantage of the PTZ capabilities.

The wedge seems more appropriate. I also have three unused bullets...depending on the pricing for the wedge I might just go ahead and install one of the bullets.