need suggestions for 4k 8 channel poe camera system

Dusty619

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently installed a 4k montavue system at my shop and was blown away by the picture quality. So naturally its to upgrade my home system. I'm looking for a 8 channel 4k receiver with 8 4k cameras. Must be POE, minimum 15fps at 4k, good night vision and so on. Brand customer service and updates are a plus.
Looking for the brand with the most features and possibly future proof. Also was thinking about going all dome cameras for the wider angle can someone explain if this is good or bad? Amcrest and laview have the 4k dome systems.
The brands I'm looking at ( laview, montavue, lehcnage, amcrest) are all around $1000 for a system like this. links below thanks for looking

Amcrest 8CH Plug & Play H.265 4K NVR 4K (8MP) 3840x2160 Security Camera System, (4) x 8-Megapixel 2.8mm Wide Angle Lens Weatherproof Metal Dome POE IP Cameras, 98ft Nightvision (Black)

Fry's Electronics |

LaView Build Your Kit - Digital IP Home

Montavue 4K Commercial Security System w/ 4 4K 8MP Resolution Bullet Cameras, 2TB HDD & 150ft Color Night Optics - MTIP80864KB

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Recently installed a 4k montavue system at my shop and was blown away by the picture quality. So naturally its to upgrade my home system. I'm looking for a 8 channel 4k receiver with 8 4k cameras. Must be POE, minimum 15fps at 4k, good night vision and so on. Brand customer service and updates are a plus.
Looking for the brand with the most features and possibly future proof. Also was thinking about going all dome cameras for the wider angle can someone explain if this is good or bad? Amcrest and laview have the 4k dome systems.
The brands I'm looking at ( laview, montavue, lehcnage, amcrest) are all around $1000 for a system like this. links below thanks for looking

Amcrest 8CH Plug & Play H.265 4K NVR 4K (8MP) 3840x2160 Security Camera System, (4) x 8-Megapixel 2.8mm Wide Angle Lens Weatherproof Metal Dome POE IP Cameras, 98ft Nightvision (Black)

Fry's Electronics |

LaView Build Your Kit - Digital IP Home

Montavue 4K Commercial Security System w/ 4 4K 8MP Resolution Bullet Cameras, 2TB HDD & 150ft Color Night Optics - MTIP80864KB
Welcome Dusty619,

Remember to check out the cliff notes in the wiki
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

Amcrest IP cameras/NVRs, LeChange, and Montavue are Dahua OEM products.

In fact the Montavue and LeChange products you linked to may even be the same hwardware.

For outdoors I would avoid the domes - numerous issues - see the cliff notes and search here for problems w/domes.

LaView is Hikvision OEM - Amazon Prime day recently had a good deal on some of their kits. Some of the LaView products do not have the more advanced "IVS" features.

I highly recommend taking your time to figure out what you would like to do, ALSO - in the case of the LeChange kit at Fry's - the 16 port NVR kit was only $100 more and well worth it imho.

I would recommend a 16 port NVR if you decide to go w/an NVR

Dusty619

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Got it, all these will be out door so I will skip the domes. Yeah too bad missed the Laview and lachange sales. Would you have a preference of any of these brands?

Dusty619

n3wb
Reaction score
The montavue system claims to have dwdr, blc, hlc, 3d dnr and ivs
I have this system in my shop and it is impressive but I don’t have any reference and they seem like the smallest company that I am looking at.