need to view more channel on nightowl dvr8

larrybui

n3wb
Reaction score
I can only view a single camera but not the 2nd or 3rd camera from the same dvr.
help:sad2:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to set up 4 separate cameras in Blue iris, then under camera number in the video settings you need to set 1,2,3,4.

larrybui

n3wb
Reaction score
4 camera conect to the same dvr

You need to set up 4 separate cameras in Blue iris, then under camera number in the video settings you need to set 1,2,3,4.
I still don't know how to setup 4 separate camera. Each time I log in to the dvr I will be able to switch to different camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In blue iris the same way your set up the first camera you need to set up the second, third and fourth, click on the camera icon on the top left of the blue iris screen. Then in the new cameras under the video tab click configure then under the video section where it says camera 1, change it to 2, 3, 4 for each camera.

BaBaLou

n3wb
Reaction score
So just inquiring,
Did you get your LTE-DVR4 to work with Blue Iris. I still cant seem to get BI to connect with the DVR. No problem seeing the DVR using EI only.
Thanks for any help
BaBaLou

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It should work. The OP got it working but was not setting up the multiple channels correctly.....what error message are you getting when you try?
Make sure the ip address, port, user name and password are correct.

BaBaLou

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the response fenderman,
Getting into the Nightowl using the browser with no issues. even the shortcut created in the config screen in BI for the DVR works to connect to the main log in screen for the LTE-DVR4.

here is a pick of the config screen for the DVR in BI

and upon confirming all of this I get this in BI when viewing the DVR.

Hope that is clear to understand. thanks for the help in the matter.
BaBaLou.

Attachments

BaBaLou

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help fenderman, hope larrybui he can share any more info to help me in this matter.
I did upgrade to BI4 and hoped it will cure this issue for me.
Will play some more with it both in settings in DVR and BI4 as well as hardware, cables, connections, PC settings. Will post back if I find a fix for myself.

BaBaLou

n3wb
Reaction score
Well the situation is somewhat solved.
First the media port was being used by another software and so a change to that cured the problem to connect to the DVR through BI. The other problem came to be the setting in the setup for the each channel in BI camera configuration, as did larrybui.
That pointed to how I fill in the blanks with reference to Video's Path and Parameters. I just placed 1,2,3 and 4 respectively to each camera setup in their Path lines, left the Parameter line blank and selected 0,1,2,and 3 for Channels. That worked, why I do not know. It was somewhat of a trail and error.
That was an old refurbished unit tinkered with many times, I did encounter the same with a generic unit, NDC DVR-2308, Set that up and all is well.
Thanks fenderman for the guidance in this matter, noted.

Ps. BLUE IRIS 4, ROCKS !!!. Two systems are updated and running perfectly for me. No issue at all in aspects of the software and App. I am looking to add a few more cams. Maybe a mid range PTZ in the future for the hopefully upcoming of Tracking ability to BI.:livid:

BaBaLou.