Need wifi camera with smart motion detection

blakehaas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Synology DS720 on the way and i'd like to setup a wall powered wireless camera that has smart motion detection features. Synology supports hikvision smart events and dahua IVS. The problem is i'm not able to easily find a wifi camera from those brands that support smart features.
The RLC-410w from reolink looks great aside from having ZERO smart detection features.

Anyone know of a good camera that fits this criteria?
Yes, it must be WIFI.

Thanks,

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
does the Synology support ONVIF events? many cams other than hik & dahua claim ONVIF compatibility...

blakehaas

n3wb
Reaction score
does the Synology support ONVIF events? many cams other than hik & dahua claim ONVIF compatibility...
It does support ONVIF, and it is possible to setup triggers based on certain events but its not supported by default Id have to hack something together for that. Dahua and Hikvision seem to be fully supported.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Synology DS720 on the way and i'd like to setup a wall powered wireless camera that has smart motion detection features. Synology supports hikvision smart events and dahua IVS. The problem is i'm not able to easily find a wifi camera from those brands that support smart features.
The RLC-410w from reolink looks great aside from having ZERO smart detection features.

Anyone know of a good camera that fits this criteria?
Yes, it must be WIFI.

Thanks,
Hi @blakehaas

Good and Smart Features and WiFi security camera = unicorn

Are you 100% you absolutely can not go wired for data and power?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can get power to a WiFi camera you can get an ethernet cable to it instead. Maybe a little more, or even a lot more, work but well worth the effort. Worst case, use a real camera and a dedicated RF link like a Ubiquity Nano Station Loco, but not in WiFi mode. That will let you use any prosumer grade camera with all the features you want or need.