Need your advice about a private install

comervp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to everybody from Catalonia, and first of all I hope you excuse me for my poor English.

We live in a two-story house and the video doorbell has long been in need of a change. There were too -but incomplete- options and we had not yet decided to buy it. But now, after an incident, we also want to install a surveillance system in a period not too long.

Before entering this forum I was looking for all that in Google, You Tube, Aliexpress, Dahua, etc., and then I discovered IP technology for both intercoms and cams. And Motion detection. Then I dreamed of having the intercom camera integrated as another surveillance one. And then I dreamed new things. And then I was confused about chinese or Chinese. And then I read about Andy of Empire Tech... And then... I registered few weeks ago because I found this site very interesting, with a lot of info.

But at present, as a newbee, I still have not enough knowledge of concepts, structures or practical solutions to address this task with confidence.

This is why I seek your advice and opinions about the ideas I expose below. I've tried to condense all that in a few "sheets" to avoid my difficulties in describing all that in words and this is the result: an aerial view, 3 drawings of planned positioning of cameras, 1 draft of the evolution of my toghts in 4 scenarios, a summary of what I think as its pro's & con's and 2 detailed structures of the last two as I imagine both (I don't know what is "the best").

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome comervp,

On the diagram ( casa .. 8 ) the NVR listed is Dahua NVR5216-8P-4KS2,

Noticed the dahua link on that model
NVR5208/5216/5232(-8P)-4KS2 - Dahua Technology

I believe the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 would be a more popular choice.

Also, for people to see the pdf attachments, the need to download them.
It maybe useful to post just an image if that makes it easier for others to see them.

I like the diagrams you've made, definitely share them again as jpg/png images so it is easier for some to see them here, and label those files you like to share with names which help people determine if they want to download it.
( example casa-network-diagram-option1 .. or something like that )

Last edited:

comervp

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your help and guide to do it easier. Great!

I'll prepare these jpg images and naming and I'll come back.

comervp

n3wb
Reaction score
About your advice on the NVR model, I don't want to limit the amount of cameras to be used. That's why I selected a 16-channel. Also, I want more than 1 HDD. That focuses a 5216 model. As I think of 7 to 10 cameras, I will need no PoE ports or 8 PoE ports, depending on the combination of switches in my network (scenarios 3 and 3b).

It'll also be a matter of economy of resources and/or Euros, but if finally I don't need a 16P, is there in your opinion a reason to buy it? Any difference with 8P or noPoE models?

Thanks again Matt.

(I know, my horrible english)

Last edited: