Needing an outdoor PoE setup cameras

bmninada

n3wb
Reaction score
The varifocals do not auto zoom - they are a set it and forget it camera. So you set it to the optical zoom and field of view you want and then leave it alone.
Are there any who do that? Checking google this came up: Lorex

Regarding DORI, most of us will cut that number in half during the day and that half number in half again or more at night. The numbers I put in that thread are what most of us use for distances for IDENTIFY for each of those cams.
Thank you - this works for me.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thar Lorex does not do automatic "tracking" an object. It is a bullet varifocal.

Only PTZ cameras do what you are suggesting.

Varifocal is set it and forget it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Fyi Lorex typically sells Dahua oem cameras, however typically smaller sensor models. The example you posted has a 1/2.8" sensor in it.

They have nice marketing, but do not be fooled by them and others.

update:
Added info on the Lorex camera linked to :

1721539439213.png
1721539483276.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ's are basically toys....I was dead set on reading up on cameras on this forum, then when I was fully ignorant with snippets of information, I went out and got an Amazon 2mp PTZ made by Hikvision sold under another name.
It was the beginning of a long line of lessons about Ipcameras.
I had to cover a 74 unit Condo.....I thought I could watch the front parking lot with the PTZ....boy was I wrong.
I missed stuff.
crime happens at this address occasionally , sometimes from within, sometimes from visitors to the parking areas....
ended up with about 24-25 cameras. caught more idiots doing stupid shit. even residents denying they hit their neighbors car.....
one interesting observation.....The presence of Cameras in the garages and the laundry room, had a pleasant deterrent effect I had not expected.
People littered less in the garage, nastygrams on the community bulletin boards disappeared over night. People stopped putting garbage in the recycle bins. etc.....
I had no qualms about removing a violators trash and depositing it on the their door step. they took the hint.

Last edited:

bmninada

n3wb
Reaction score
No it does not.
I took your advice and got hold of this: IPS-Color4k-B180. It has wide coverage, 2-way talk and can even track. Seems to have a good sensor (size wise). Then also there's IPC-Color4k-T180. Not sure of the difference but the "T" is a little cheaper.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's a great overview camera.

The T is turret instead of bullet.

Keep in mind it doesn't really track, but rather is a digital zoom and if you don't have an NVR capable it is worthless. Most of us turned it off.