Needing assistance: Ip camera system

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building my outdoor IP camera system and need some recommendation/guidance in tweaking my direction:

Here is what I have so far:
- Cat6 Cabling
- (3) dome cameras (Microseven 1.3MP HD 960P 2.8 mm 3M)
-
NVR (Q-See QT848-2 8-Channel Digital POE)

Here is what I'd like to incorporate:
- (2) reasonably priced yet long lasting ceiling mounted PTZ cameras (Looking at model: IPCC 9610)
- Looking at Blue Iris software (Still trying to find a list of compatible cameras that Blue Iris will run)

Any assistance/recommendations is graciously welcomed.
Only reason why I haven't gone with one brand in doing this is because through research you tend to find some options are better than others. Although I'm not trying to skemp on price however, my budget isn't without restrictions.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the microseven cameras work with the q-see? Motion detection and all? I would go with the real dahua cameras (microseven looks like the ripped off the design)...
How much is the ipcc9610? Do you really need ptz? how do you intend to use it...
For a reliable ptz go with a dahua PTZ for about 600 or so...otherwise there are cheaper china models for 250, but there is no telling how long they will last?
Blue iris will support almost any ip camera out there..

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
My intention for the PTZ is that one will cover the front and left side of the house and the other will cover back and and right side.... I have a large storage facility in the back i'd like to keep an eye on as well. The IPCC is a little over 500. I will research Dahua PTZ..after reading many posts I think going cheap may cost be big in the long run, so I'm looking to go middle of the road.

NVR does support motion detection and such? Don't know if it works with the cameras, still waiting on info back from Q-See (can't find camera compatibility on site).

Is there other programs other than Blue Iris....been reading a lot of reviews where the software causes systems not to work?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont spend 500 on the ipcc you can get a brand name reliable Dahua for 580.. http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/ip-ptz-s/eyesurv-esip-ptz-1-3mpir-1-3-megapixel-high-definition-infrared-ip-ptz-zoom-security-camera.html
The ptz is not really helpful though unless you set up motion sensors to move it to a preset, or you are going to constranly watch it and move it around, otherwise you may be better of with fixed cameras...(although motion tracking is being worked on in blue iris 4)...
NVR's are picky about which cameras work, you cannot just mix and match...in theory the support multiple brand but in practice it does not always work out that way...

Blue iris is awesome software, i have it (version 3) on at least 20 systems 100 percent stable...there was a new release less than 10 days ago, BI4 that had issues (and still has a few) but most have been worked out...most of the crashes were related to the new 64 bit option...if you install 32bit there are no issues....
The only other competitive options cost 50-150 PER camera licensing...xprotect, exacq...
Ispy charges a monthly fee for remote access and more for alerts that are limited to 100 per month...
IF you stick to a single brand like dahua/hikvision, you can use their software which is free.
Depending on your total megapixel load, blue iris will need a modern haswell i3/5/7...because it does its own motion detection.
The xprotect and exacq can use in camera motion detection from lots of cams so they dont need systems that powerful. Same with dahua and hikvisions own vms.

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate your recommendations and thorough breakdown on how to approach my vision. Definitely will take your information under advisement and look at a PTZless system.