Neighbhors Car Jack Being Stolen around 0640 hrs Today 11/8/2020

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
And Since it was early morning The Camera just adjusted right on time and zooming out one camera capturing all Love it.. lol.

I would have gotten him in other cams but since the timing could not be any more perfect for the capture one camera did it all..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
WOW - the nerve of people taking stuff that isn't theirs.

Did the police do anything or is this another one of those not big enough to mess with?
LEO, Just stop by couple of hours ago he loved the system. Anyhow LEO said they will run the plate and give a visit to them if the plate does not come back as stolen or something :) Neigbhor is going to press charges and also he may have some damage to the truck since they just dropped his truck.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@tech101 Awesome catch!! Those cams are so worth their price. One thing I've wondered for awhile is would a polarizing film allow to see through the windshield. It works on my DSLR. I just haven't had time to try it out.

Has anyone else tried a polarizing filter on their cams?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
@tech101 Awesome catch!! Those cams are so worth their price. One thing I've wondered for awhile is would a polarizing film allow to see through the windshield. It works on my DSLR. I just haven't had time to try it out.

It's funny one of my neighbor who also happen to be a good friend now. Said the same thing today since he is into photography. He said you should try those filters to see thru the windshield or take off glare. I am interested in knowing that too maybe someone here can shed a light on that idea. Will be willing to try that for sure :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Good capture.. license clear as day... 5ZBA933

View attachment 74461
Yes this one was really impressive Since this cam is not even setup to do plates or anything.. But it did anyways. I have overview and LPR doing those which has plate much better. But I think this just did a fine job once the vehicle stopped :)

I love these 1 1.8 sensors :) Getting my another 4/3 cam from Andy tomorrow :)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Some dashcameras have polarising filters and they reduce reflection. However, they don't help you see into vehicles much better in my experience just remove reduce reflection from your own windshield. Even then a dashmat ends to be best. Don't forget as well with CCTV, fitting a polarising filter can cut out several stops of light making nightime pictures worse.

So far as the thief is concerned, I wonder if the white car was stolen. It looks very posh for a thief to be rolling around in. Good capture from the PTZ though.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some dashcameras have polarising filters and they reduce reflection. However, they don't help you see into vehicles much better in my experience just remove reduce reflection from your own windshield. Even then a dashmat ends to be best. Don't forget as well with CCTV, fitting a polarising filter can cut out several stops of light making nightime pictures worse.

So far as the thief is concerned, I wonder if the white car was stolen. It looks very posh for a thief to be rolling around in. Good capture from the PTZ though.
Yeah, I hear ya but when I used one on my DSLR, I could see right into cars windshields that was total glare without using it - I wasn't looking out of a car window with it. In the daytime there's so much light that losing a couple F-stops wouldn't be a big deal I think. Where @tech101 lives, he has so much daylight available typically, it may work great during the day. Nighttime, yeah I agree with you that it's likely not viable - but @tech101 has the best cams around - if any would have the light gathering capability, his would. He has the massive 4/3 size sensors.

I've seen polarizing film on Amazon, could cut a apiece out to fit over the lens maybe?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya but when I used one on my DSLR, I could see right into cars windshields that was total glare without using it - I wasn't looking out of a car window with it. In the daytime there's so much light that losing a couple F-stops wouldn't be a big deal I think. Where @tech101 lives, he has so much daylight available typically, it may work great during the day.

I've seen polarizing film on Amazon, could cut a apiece out to fit over the lens maybe?
If it helps any even just for day time I can buy one of the $250ish cams to just to do that so I would not worry about it for night time.. By the way this cam was not the ptz it was the IPC-B5442E-Z4E

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it helps any even just for day time I can buy one of the $250ish cams to just to do that so I would not worry about it for night time.. By the way this cam was not the ptz it was the IPC-B5442E-Z4E
I was thinking the EXACT same thing, a dedicated polarized lens cam just for daytime windshields!!! Great minds..... I have a spare 4431 sitting around..

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great capture! I'm kinda gobsmacked that anyone would bother wasting the petrol to bother reversing to grab what looked to be a standard OEM car jack. I guess for twats like that, everything has a value but still, its not like it was a trolly jack... i hope they get them. Losing a jack is one thing but the potential damage caused to the truck and the hassle of having to replace the jack, fix any additional damage and just the fact that you litterally can't leave anything (even something being held in place by a truck) out on a public street anymore is the pain here.

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And Since it was early morning The Camera just adjusted right on time and zooming out one camera capturing all Love it.. lol.

I would have gotten him in other cams but since the timing could not be any more perfect for the capture one camera did it all..

This is fantastic! I must have missed the reference, but which of your many cams captured this event?