Neighbor hits my recycling bin

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ridiculous. That could have been you or a kid.

Doubt the police would do anything, but send to them LOL.

And post it in Nextdoor or community FB or someplace to publicly shame him.

Gotta be some neighbor that would see it and do your dirty work and go all Karen on them LOL

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bin survived but is a little wobbly and big bumper transfer mark. Swapping it is a good idea but they're serialized. Normally it's on the driveway or lawn but the recycle guy sometimes misses it if it's not on the street.
I was more worried about the mailbox, people or other cars that could have been hit.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or your car from the rebound - if your car was parked a little closer to the street it was pinball wizard with a recycling bin.

People suck - no doubt they were texting.

Had a neighbor once that was texting and hit the catch basin just right and blew out both passenger side tires and destroyed the wheels on her high end SUV. For about a week she was two hands to the steering wheel, but now she is back to no hands driving and texting.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looked almost intentional to me. Years ago I had some drunk take out my mailbox post late one night and almost hit my car sitting in the driveway. The mailbox was completely flat with a big tire mark on it...cost me over $30 to replace everything. The Sheriff came out and made a report but there wasn't much they could do.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Call your trash pickup firm and see if they will replace the bin for free. Our local firm will do that without issue. On our bin, one of the wheels kept popping off and was replaced with a new unit.

Maybe even send them the video. But they might even get a chuckle out of it.....