Neighbors caught stealing!

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah. steal stones lying around like someone dump them. here you would get a fine if you leave "your" stones like that.

they want their neighboorhood clean. pizzaguy would be proud if someone pick up the trash other leaves :lmao:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If a supplier delivered the stones, there's no telling where they would drop them. It's a shame that the neighbor is the thief. That landscaper probably gave someone a good price and now has to buy them his own damn self.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That area between the face of the curb (or from roadway center-line depending on local gov't. rules) and behind the street light pole plus sidewalk (including a specific distance behind that on official maps and records) is considered to be the public right of way and utility easement area. It is NOT the proper place to have anything delivered or for the homeowner to store anything...unless you want someone to think it's been discarded or abandoned.

Frankly, I don't blame the landscapers for their misinterpretation as much as I do the homeowner for their misunderstanding of who owns what and where you can properly place such items.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
That area between the face of the curb (or from roadway center-line depending on local gov't. rules) and behind the street light pole plus sidewalk (including a specific distance behind that on official maps and records) is considered to be the public right of way and utility easement area. It is NOT the proper place to have anything delivered or for the homeowner to store anything...unless you want someone to think it's been discarded or abandoned.

Frankly, I don't blame the landscapers for their misinterpretation as much as I do the homeowner for their misunderstanding of who owns what and where you can properly place such items.
It is not uncommon to see items set out to the curb here for scrappers or curb alerts. I thought that this video seemed along the same lines.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is not uncommon to see items set out to the curb here for scrappers or curb alerts. I thought that this video seemed along the same lines.
I agree and which is why I stated that "I don't blame the landscapers for their misinterpretation" and being unable to read the mind of those that stacked them there. :cool:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't they all work for the same company as same logos on shirts and van and truck? Case of stealing off fellow employee or boss?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Just like in Spain. Anything not nail down was fair game! All of the
pretty colors of broken glass, adorned all of the tops of walls!

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't they all work for the same company as same logos on shirts and van and truck? Case of stealing off fellow employee or boss?
No, the black color truck with no logo show up at 1:52 mark of the video is the owner of those stones. You can see the driver pull up and talk to the guy with goatee probably telling him that's his stones and not discarded items. And the goatee guy run to the guys taking the stones and tell them to put it back.

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
they milled around for several minutes
they knew this wasnt just fair game dump
anyone just milling around is casing the joint
they knew the stones were not put there for "come and take me" purposes.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They milled around for several minutes then the one guy gets the go ahead from the lookout that the homeowner was out of the area. At $2/EA those blocks were not up for grabs. Even if they were excess, they would have been returned for credit. The landscapers knew this and were up to no good.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just this past week at a new home construction site, there was a pallet of water in a trailer with a sign spray painted on broken up sheetrock saying free water. During a hurricane this might not be suspect but we have no storms in the forecast. When I went buy someone in a minivan was taking a couple. After dinner I passed again and two landscapers already had 30 cases in their trailer and were dragging the last few cases out. That whole situation was suspect. It is not uncommon during a disaster for people to give away water to those in need. Unfortunately it is also not uncommon for shysters to pilfer and resell.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I live in Houston Texas. If anything is left in the grass strip between the side walk and the street, it means it is considered garbage. So it is fair game. I put 8 large white resin lawn chairs out this past week and they were gone in 20 minutes.
I had some appliances I was taking to the curb for scrappers. Before I was even done putting them all at the curb I already had someone stop and start loading them.