Neighbors house blows up

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was the camera auto tracking or something? Kept facing the road and not the fire. In any case... crazy!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Good camera work. The rain came a little late. By the way something similar happen to my next door neighbors garage but not quite that big of a flame. Myself and another person used garden hoses spraying into the garage to somewhat keep the flames under control until the fire department arrived.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WWII vet and his wife both got out safely. I think he’s bulletproof. There were live rounds of ammo going off like crazy. Guy in black shirt gets hit in head at 1:25. Little bit of blood but he was ok. Scariest part was that the elementary school was just getting out and kids were all over. The cones in the driveway were to prevent parents from parking in the driveway.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was the camera auto tracking or something? Kept facing the road and not the fire. In any case... crazy!
Yep, all auto until the very end when I started watching the firemen on the roof. Looked like one guy almost slipped off the roof.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good camera work. The rain came a little late. By the way something similar happen to my next door neighbors garage but not quite that big of a flame. Myself and another person used garden hoses spraying into the garage to somewhat keep the flames under control until the fire department arrived.
I was in the backyard and heard the popping from the ammunition. Peaked over the fence and heard neighbor call for fire extinguishers and I saw small fire and lots of smoke. Buy the time I came running out with the extinguisher the flames were out of control and I felt stupid standing there with my little extinguisher.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 3 fireman won’t last very long playing of roofs like that with out being tied off no reason they couldn’t have been anchored on. Anyone who has worn bunker boots knows the slip on everything and anything that’s wet sadly the are useless beyond the protecting the bottom of the feet from objects going threw your foot.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
WWII vet and his wife both got out safely. I think he’s bulletproof. There were live rounds of ammo going off like crazy. Guy in black shirt gets hit in head at 1:25. Little bit of blood but he was ok. Scariest part was that the elementary school was just getting out and kids were all over. The cones in the driveway were to prevent parents from parking in the driveway.
I wondered what happened to that guy. Saw him obviously staggering but thought he'd got hit by something from the blast of the cars exploding.

Very dangerous trying to fight the fire with the garden hose, I doubt it made any difference. However, the force of car tyres exploding or worst still the gas tank could have killed someone close to the garage or the women trying to douse it. It was never going to make much difference at that point anyway as already had a hold. A pressure washer might have helped because of the force of the water blast, but when it's gone that far, the risks of trying to douse the fire far exceed the benefits, which are slight if any. Better to wait for the fire brigade than get killed for what's insured.

Yep, all auto until the very end when I started watching the firemen on the roof. Looked like one guy almost slipped off the roof.
The 3 fireman won’t last very long playing of roofs like that with out being tied off no reason they couldn’t have been anchored on. Anyone who has worn bunker boots knows the slip on everything and anything that’s wet sadly the are useless beyond the protecting the bottom of the feet from objects going threw your foot.
Yeah firemen in the UK would never do that. Everything over here is assessed for health and safety. Sometimes it's a real pain, but in the case of fires like this, it saves lives. There are numerous videos on Youtube of US firefighters being killed when they fall through roofs into burning buildings. In the UK they attack roofs from hydraulic platforms or come up to the roof space from below. If they have to actually climb on a roof which is much rarer, the use roofing ladders to spread the load / reduce the risk of falling. The trouble with walking on roofs directly is not just the risk of slipping, but also the fact that the fire below may have compromised the integrity of the roof structure.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow.. Thats a shame. Looks like a total loss.
Nope, actually it’s almost done being rebuilt. It’s been 10 months. They removed the garage (including the slab and driveway) and two bedrooms above the garage, all plumbing, electrical, and drywall from the entire house. Thanks to the firewall the flames didn’t move much beyond the garage surprisingly.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
NIce. Didn't realize this was last year right before we went through Irma. I'm seeing houses in their final stages of rebuild here so that would make sense. You really don't appreciate the fire wall and extra precautions that go into building a house until something like this happens. This is why you use a fire caulk to seal up any holes that penetrate the walls.

GaryFunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most US house use wooden? Seems bad destroy if caught fire. Hope everyone there is fine
Wood frame with most everything else made of fire retardant material. Internal house fires are actually rare. When there is a house fire, 90% of the time it is due to negligence by the home owner.

U.S. homes are built to very high standards.

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Wood frame with most everything else made of fire retardant material. Internal house fires are actually rare. When there is a house fire, 90% of the time it is due to negligence by the home owner.

U.S. homes are built to very high standards.
:rofl::lmao::lol:, Ya haven't seen them being built lately.
My wife's cousin is a home inspector and he has been telling me stories big time about how the "illegals" are building them now, instead of measuring each piece of wood they just keep restacking them and cutting from the original cut, so by the time they are done, the board gains a inch or more.
He would take a soda or soup can and put it on the counters and it would roll right off.
He saw window frames that look like they were a geometry mess, he said there was no way a square window would fit in the cuts they made.
Now hes gone up in the big time for his company traveling all over the U.S. inspecting buildings.
So If I decide to build a new house I will make sure I know who my builder is.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Never understood why the US builds so much out of wood. There's more chance of finding hens teeth than finding a wooden house in the UK. (There is the odd one, but you could drive down thousands of roads and never see one). Over here they're all brick, older ones double brick, newer ones brick + block inner, and the in the most part brick or block inner walls with only the odd stud (wood + plasterboard) wall.