Neightbor Being Hazed With Tortillas

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It did look somewhat friendly based on the body language of the "perpetrators". They seemed to be out for some fun, and not malicious.
That was my thought as well

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AEL 23X PTZ camera with a 1/1.9 sensor. Again the actual quality of the video is better than that shown on the YouTube video in the first post. I left this one in the color mode at night as this is the only one of my 15 cameras that stays in color at night. Also in the original video it is quite easy to read the license plates on two the cars in the picture.
That big sensor really keeps the noise down. I have Dahua starlights on the front but they don't look nearly as clean.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AEL 23X PTZ camera with a 1/1.9 sensor. Again the actual quality of the video is better than that shown on the YouTube video in the first post. I left this one in the color mode at night as this is the only one of my 15 cameras that stays in color at night. Also in the original video it is quite easy to read the license plates on two the cars in the picture.
Good night vision but that's one expensive camera for 2mp!

Wonder if your neighbour will be buying a camera now? Wonder if we'll see the car the next time with no plate and hooded tortilla throwers?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a still picture from the camera for comparison to the YouTube video. The daughter was easily able to identify the 4 girls from this video. The two license plates are easily readable. Also the Halloween decorations are much clearer.

Greg Tortilla Hazing_Moment.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Wonder if your neighbour will be buying a camera now? Wonder if we'll see the car the next time with no plate and hooded tortilla throwers?
You need big pixels to have good night vision. That means less pixels on a bigger sensor. A long zoom lens more than makes up for the lower pixel density.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

He has like 6 cameras but they are on the Ring system. They cover immediately around the house and not the street or sidewalk. So he has nothing on this event. He was getting messages constantly on his phone so he had to restrict the focus of the cameras to the immediate house area. We have been talking about adding an IP camera system for his house. I have a lot of very good IP cameras(Hikvision and Dahua) left over from my upgrades which are way, way better than what he has. If fact some are recommended starlight cameras on this board.

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had a lot of interest in Pixels and controllers the past few years... I had been thinking about permanently mounting Pixels on the entire outline of the house, that way I could program a light show in appropriate colors for different holidays/town happenings. I had to move for work and right now I'm in an apartment but eventually when I get back into a house I'm going to do that!
A few years ago, a coworker came to me with a few blank circuit boards and a kit of parts for them. They were a "group buy" for an on-line user group for folks who get seriously into automated Christmas lighting systems.

He's a programmer (a darned good one), and I'm more of a hardware guy, so he wanted me to assemble and test them. I was rather impressed with the design and the PCB layout. Anyhow, I put them together and tested them for him. And in the process I learned about that website and group because I needed some software to run tests on the boards.

These were driver boards that hook up by Ethernet to your control PC, which runs software written by members of that group. The hardware designs and board layouts are also done by members. It's a really neat community of holiday lighting and decoration afficianados.

The software let's you set up and choreograph the lighting, etc., and synch it to soundtracks and edit the timelines, etc.

It's been a few years since I visited the website, but I'm sure it's still going strong. This is the site. If you're interested:

Do It Yourself Christmas Forums

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a lot of very good IP cameras(Hikvision and Dahua) left over from my upgrades which are way, way better than what he has. If fact some are recommended starlight cameras on this board.
Want to sell me a few for a good price? My situation is here: Another new member seeking advice :)

A few years ago, a coworker came to me with a few blank circuit boards and a kit of parts for them. They were a "group buy" for an on-line user group for folks who get seriously into automated Christmas lighting systems.

He's a programmer (a darned good one), and I'm more of a hardware guy, so he wanted me to assemble and test them. I was rather impressed with the design and the PCB layout. Anyhow, I put them together and tested them for him. And in the process I learned about that website and group because I needed some software to run tests on the boards.

These were driver boards that hook up by Ethernet to your control PC, which runs software written by members of that group. The hardware designs and board layouts are also done by members. It's a really neat community of holiday lighting and decoration afficianados.

The software let's you set up and choreograph the lighting, etc., and synch it to soundtracks and edit the timelines, etc.

It's been a few years since I visited the website, but I'm sure it's still going strong. This is the site. If you're interested:

Do It Yourself Christmas Forums
Yeah I've been lurking around there for a while, basically since I got interested in Pixels. They have a lot of really awesome and talented people there! :)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
send the video to kids parents.
Depends if it was in fun or not. If they're friends just having a bit of fun, then best to let it lie. Otherwise the daughters friends are going to hate her. If on the other hand they're enemies / rivals, then it might be different.

I somehow get the feeling from the demeanour of the girls, they're probably friends and it was just a bit of fun.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends if it was in fun or not. If they're friends just having a bit of fun, then best to let it lie. Otherwise the daughters friends are going to hate her. If on the other hand they're enemies / rivals, then it might be different.

I somehow get the feeling from the demeanour of the girls, they're probably friends and it was just a bit of fun.
I think that was the case. The parents did not do anything after seeing the video. They had the license plate and could see who the girls were from the video. I think it was just a friendly hazing.

mickey75

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a new one. Usually it is toilet paper but this time it is with small corn tortillas thrown all about the front and back yard and the cars. They must have made 6 passes which I have all on camera. With this camera it gives the best view and the license plate which I gave to the neighbor along with the videos.

What kind of camera is it? I'm interested in getting it. The image is very sharp. TIA