Neightbor Being Hazed With Tortillas

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a new one. Usually it is toilet paper but this time it is with small corn tortillas thrown all about the front and back yard and the cars. They must have made 6 passes which I have all on camera. With this camera it gives the best view and the license plate which I gave to the neighbor along with the videos.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
If this is in California, the vandals are likely trying to avoid a much harsher jail sentence by using a "green" alternative to Toilet Paper, which may be subject to stiffer penalties along the lines of the heinous "possession with intent to distribute" of plastic straws.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If this is in California, the vandals are likely trying to avoid a much harsher jail sentence by using a "green" alternative to Toilet Paper, which may be subject to stiffer penalties along the lines of the heinous "possession with intent to distribute" of plastic straws.
Yes, but also being California, they could get charged with cultural appropriation and various hate crimes.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
It may be part of an "inside joke" that could be hilarious. Then again, it could be mean-spirited. Not enough information. :)

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please tell me the neighbor on the other corner doesn't have Christmas crap up already... That would honestly annoy me more than the tortillas lol!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably there from last year.
I'd leave my lights up all year round to avoid the hassle of taking them down and putting them up again, but my wife does not approve!

Now that I have the cameras up, I'll have to re-think the light locations in several places! :)

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please tell me the neighbor on the other corner doesn't have Christmas crap up already... That would honestly annoy me more than the tortillas lol!
I was wondering the same. I am hoping it was from last year...

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd leave my lights up all year round to avoid the hassle of taking them down and putting them up again, but my wife does not approve!

Now that I have the cameras up, I'll have to re-think the light locations in several places! :)
Honestly I think the same way.. My old place the lights on the roofline and some of the more PITA places did stay up. When I bought them I had taken all the bulbs out and sprayed the wires the same color as the trim before I put them up just for that reason - it sucks having to shuffle an extension ladder around the house lol! I've left others until spring.. But I don't keep them ON!! LOL!!!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Turns out that the daughter is on the high school rowing team. From the video she recognized them as members from her rowing team. IP cameras came through again. :)

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly I think the same way.. My old place the lights on the roofline and some of the more PITA places did stay up. When I bought them I had taken all the bulbs out and sprayed the wires the same color as the trim before I put them up just for that reason - it sucks having to shuffle an extension ladder around the house lol! I've left others until spring.. But I don't keep them ON!! LOL!!!
Long ago, and well before I was married, the "animal house" group of guys with whom I shared a house left the lights up all year round. We'd sometimes fire them up at random times just for grins, and often for the 4th of July.

Halloween stuff. Ghosts, pumpkins etc.
Well, then, that's forgivable! The Halloween yard decorations have become a lot more common in the last few years around here, too.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Turns out that the daughter is on the high school rowing team. From the video she recognized them as members from her rowing team. IP cameras came through again. :)
It did look somewhat friendly based on the body language of the "perpetrators". They seemed to be out for some fun, and not malicious.

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Long ago, and well before I was married, the "animal house" group of guys with whom I shared a house left the lights up all year round. We'd sometimes fire them up at random times just for grins, and often for the 4th of July.
I've had a lot of interest in Pixels and controllers the past few years... I had been thinking about permanently mounting Pixels on the entire outline of the house, that way I could program a light show in appropriate colors for different holidays/town happenings. I had to move for work and right now I'm in an apartment but eventually when I get back into a house I'm going to do that!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What make/model camera is that again?
Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AEL 23X PTZ camera with a 1/1.9 sensor. Again the actual quality of the video is better than that shown on the YouTube video in the first post. I left this one in the color mode at night as this is the only one of my 15 cameras that stays in color at night. Also in the original video it is quite easy to read the license plates on two the cars in the picture.