Nelly’s r-series camera won’t show on BI

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Purchased r-series cameras from Nelly’s few months back. Just decided to hook them up but can’t get them to show up on bi. But when I log into the cameras interface, it will show the picture. At my wits end. I even downloaded onvif device manager and it won’t pull up info for them, just that the IP address is there. Any help would be great

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In Blue Iris did you enter cam's IP address, username and password and click on "Find/Inspect"?
Yes, I have done all of that. The problem I believe might be due to nothing being put in the video path section. Nothing tabulates in their

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I have done all of that. The problem I believe might be due to nothing being put in the video path section. Nothing tabulates in their
If no joy from my post #4 above, try this:
In Blue Iris enter cam's IP address, username and password and click on "Find/Inspect" then in "Video", "Path" put in "/ch01/0" and click on "OK".

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If no joy from my post #4 above, try this:
In Blue Iris enter cam's IP address, username and password and click on "Find/Inspect" then in "Video", "Path" put in "/ch01/0" and click on "OK".
Perfect. That worked. Not sure why these cameras are so putsy to hook up. I also have the veri focal one and the ptz function dont on BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect. That worked. Not sure why these cameras are so putsy to hook up. I also have the veri focal one and the ptz function dont on BI
you dont want the varifocal working in BI anyway, all it can do is cause problems accidentally activating it. Log into the camera, set it the way you want it and leave it.

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you dont want the varifocal working in BI anyway, all it can do is cause problems accidentally activating it. Log into the camera, set it the way you want it and leave it.
But let’s say that I do want it to work with BI, is their a way that I’m not configuring correctly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But let’s say that I do want it to work with BI, is their a way that I’m not configuring correctly?
Yes but there is no practical reason to be able to do this it’s a waste of your time and will only cause problems

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes but there is no practical reason to be able to do this it’s a waste of your time and will only cause problems
Yes true but one reason I wanted to is because I was installing it at a clients garage with a BI system already going that didn’t have the plug in downloaded on the ancient internet explorer. So i has to pre download it on my laptop and plug the camera into my laptop to do the final setup. Lol it was a whole thing.