NELLYS RETURN EXPERIENCE

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently purchased a POE switch from Nelly’s. It was defective right out of the box; no big deal things like this happen. In total I paid, with shipping, $195.77, for the switch. The switch was shipped back and my account was credited $162.02. They charge additionally for return, another $12.97, something they don’t tell you up front as they give you an RMA. So the total shipping is $33.75 for a delivered/returned defective item. After several phone calls to Nelly’s they may consider refunding the $12.97. They were very nice about the situation, as expected, making all sorts of excuses about what happened but couldn’t successfully explain thier return policy. If you purchase from Nelly’s please read carefully thier refund policy, it’s a catch 22 situation on returned defective goods. My fault for not getting clarification before a purchase. Lesson learn.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doesn't sound right. I have dealt with Nelly's and always had a great customer service experience.

You sure it was "defective"?

Given some of your recent challenges with switches documented here, I can't help but wonder if there is more to the story.
If it was defective out of the box, I agree there should be no cost to replace, but you didn't mention a replacement? If you got a refund then you asked for a return and should be charged shipping and a re-stock fee. Don't shit on them here for that.

And respectfully @SLC , be cautious about what you hear on forums. It can ruin a business reputation to say this kind of crap and not be based in reality. It is very difficult to run a business like Nelly's with all the customer service challenges and chinese competition. They have been great to me and I will continue to be a customer.

Sounds fishy...

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doesn't sound right. I have dealt with Nelly's and always had a great customer service experience.

You sure it was "defective"?

Given some of your recent challenges with switches documented here, I can't help but wonder if there is more to the story.
If it was defective out of the box, I agree there should be no cost to replace, but you didn't mention a replacement? If you got a refund then you asked for a return and should be charged shipping and a re-stock fee. Don't shit on them here for that.

And respectfully @SLC , be cautious about what you hear on forums. It can ruin a business reputation to say this kind of crap and not be based in reality. It is very difficult to run a business like Nelly's with all the customer service challenges and chinese competition. They have been great to me and I will continue to be a customer.

Sounds fishy...
All good points. It very well could be user error. Maybe a member of the Nelly team can give us their perspective.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NoloC I have already commented on the switch in other posts. My problem with the other switches you mention was my problem not the switchs. All documented in other posts.

I’m not stupid as you suggest I know when something is defective. Your opinion of customer service is your opinion; others can have different opinions of what is or not good customer service.

Your comments themselves show you are a bias individual. But thats ok this is America and you can say what you please as can anyone else.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting you neglected to respond to the question as to why you apparently returned instead of accepting a replacement?

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NoloC you can play all the game words you want. What I do with my money is my concern. My post relays an experience with a business that’s all. Read into what you want and make of it what you want you seem to be good at that.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You still ignore the question.

Seems that you are the one playing word games.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im aware of this situation and it was indeed a mistake on our end that we deducted the return shipping costs, i was also made aware from my associate that you were going to leave us a bad review. We erroenously had it written up as a 30 day return which we do not offer free return shipping costs. When i found out what the case was, i immediately issued the refund on the deducted shipping costs.

I was not aware we did not refund your original shipping costs either. I will get that refunded as well on monday. This was an unusual situation as normally we would just replace a defective product free of any shipping charges as opposed to simply refunding it so there were some errors that occured in the logistics of our system. At any rate it does appear we dropped the ball and is not indicative of how we want to operate. Very sorry for the bad experience.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SLC keep an open mind when you read a post such as this. You would think Nelly’s response to this matter is unique. Well it isn’t,it’s a typical/atypical, pending your level of cynicism, business response. This whole situation should have been resolved in my lengthy conversation I had with Nelly’s. Not one word from them until this review of thier return policy. Now they are willing to correct the situation. Everything stated in Nellys response is a fair representation of what happened. Credit for telling the truth? I could care less about a refund at this point. The reason I use American Express for purchases are because of companies like this.

Here is an excerpt from Nelly’s return policy:

We do not offer advanced replacements because quite often we can repair the product as opposed to actually replacing it. And often, products sent back to us turn out to not be defective at all. Given the complexity of the types of products that we sell, there are many external factors (network issues, cabling issues, etc) that could lead someone to think that their product is defective when installed at their location. Therefore, we must test all products at our location to assess whether an actual replacement is needed.

If you are confident that your product is defective and absolutely needs replaced and cannot be repaired, you are welcome to purchase your own advanced replacement on our site to get a replacement on its way to you. Just note if you do this and if we receive the product in question and determine that we can either repair it or find it to not be defective at all, we must send the product right back to you, which would leave you with 2 of the same products. So this is why we ask that, if you choose this method, please make absolute 100% sure that your product in question is indeed defective and cannot be repaired.

So we must all be experts in the repair of their products so you can determine if it’s repairable or not. Hence you can’t return the item, and yes NOLOC, BUY A REPLACEMENT. So until they decide what they want to do you wait and still don’t have what you need and can’t buy what you need. This is the only way of returning a detective item. This is where, SLC, I blame myself for not reading this part prior to purchasing.

Just as my original post states, read before you buy from Nelly’s.

Reactions: SLC

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your statement of "not one word from them until this review of their return policy" is incorrect and factually impossible. When you called complaining about the return shipping fee, i was made aware of the situation and told my associate to authorize the full refund of the shipping costs. Their was no "we will consider it" tone as you said in the previous post. What i was not aware of is that we didnt refund your original shipping costs as well. As said, im going to make sure your entire refund is given tomorrow.

I will say that we could have and should have handled this situation better, so again i truely do apologize for the experience you had. We dropped the ball plain and simple.

With that being said, im not sure if there is really anything we can do to make you happy so its my hope you can find another business that will serve your needs better. First you sent us a lengthy email about how we didnt package our products properly. Then the issue with the defective switch in which we verbally authorized the refund with you on the phone and yet you still told my associate that your were going to leave us a bad review about our return policy and our tech support. Im still not sure why you think our tech support is bad. At any rate, you do as you said as expected and leave us a bad review in which i publically apologize for. But apperently thats still not good enough for you as you continue to criticize us by copying and pasting our return policy and offering your sarcastic critique. So while im truely sorry for your troubles you had with us, I think its in both of our best interests that we part ways in this business relationship.

I assume your post is to warn other potential buyers to possibly think twice about doing business with Nellys. Fair enough but I consider most all customers that we have dealt with to be fairly reasonable individuals. And while we are not perfect, we do try to make wrongs right and most reasonable people do understand that. However there are some people on this earth where nothing you do or say is good enough and quite honestly, those are the types of people we DONT want to do business with. Anyone who has worked in customer service know exactly the type of person i am talking about. Perhaps you did us a favor with your post by possibly keeping those types of people away.

I do understand that this post is not par for the course as being a politically correct statement from a business owner. As said, we did mess up on this issue and you deserve to be dissatisfied. However i refuse to set back and let my company be trashed and reply with simple pc speak. I will stand up for my company which i believe offers great products, great support, and excellent customer service. I feel i have clearly explained myself about this matter and this will be the last public post regarding the issue. Feel free to shoot me a pm for any specific details and i will reply. If u feel u need to continue to publically post your criticisms i will not be replying to those. Sorry again.

If anyone needs clarification about how we do business you can feel free to contact us or me directly at anytime and we will be happy to help. We would be happy to serve you in your security needs and hope to add you to our very satisfied customer base.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like I said originally my post is about your return policy. But you have me out numbered by likes so you must be correct and me wrong. You have the final words on the matter.