Neposmart - Garage Camera, PTZ w/ cell phone control - Wotcha Think?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
All,

Came across Neposmart. https://neposmart.com/index
They have an indoor and an outdoor camera. Two way audio. Motion Sense. Push alerts/emails. WiFi or cabled.
Cameras work in conjunction w/ laptops and cell phones, remotely. No NVR or monthly fees for video storage.
Camera price $200 (indoor) and $300 (outdoor)

Intriguing. Anyone with experience with them? Comments?

- Brian
PS: I am not affiliated with this outfit at all. Just heard of them today.
PPS: I'm considering using one or two for a small construction site. A thief stole tools recently.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All,

Came across Neposmart. https://neposmart.com/index
They have an indoor and an outdoor camera. Two way audio. Motion Sense. Push alerts/emails. WiFi or cabled.
Cameras work in conjunction w/ laptops and cell phones, remotely. No NVR or monthly fees for video storage.
Camera price $200 (indoor) and $300 (outdoor)

Intriguing. Anyone with experience with them? Comments?

- Brian
PS: I am not affiliated with this outfit at all. Just heard of them today.
PPS: I'm considering using one or two for a small construction site. A thief stole tools recently.
Welcome to the forum, those are rebranded 50-70 dollar wanscam cameras (junk) with cute marketing. Any camera with sd card storage does not need an nvr.
Avoid those cameras at all costs.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like they took a cheap chinese camera and built their own branded software for it. The only special thing they do is integrate garage door controls, which is a rare thing for an IP camera to handle. The camera itself looks like the sort of thing you could buy from aliexpress for a fraction of the price (maybe $35 for an indoor cam, $130 for an equivalent outdoor model). For the record, I would not recommend buying any such camera. I've had my fair share of them in the past and while they are better than they used to be, they are mostly junk compared to a good Hikvision or Dahua cam. If you want garage door control, there are standalone products for that.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
I appreciate the heads-up on camera quality.

My remodel-job-site system will have a Dahua NVR4216 and a mix of POE and WiFi cameras.
This will be my first system (newbie), and the Neposmart system might make it easier for me to send texts and have audio in/out.
I could use a relay output from the NVR to mimic the "garage door open" reed switch so the Neposmart sends text and allows audio.
No ports to wrestle with, Dahua Android app setup, etc.

My NVR and cameras arrive next week, so I'll soon see firsthand what I'm up against. Neposmart purchase may never happen..... (fingers crossed)

Brian

Reaction score
Neposmart is not the same as those cheap Chinese cameras out there. I love their cameras, I bought mine when I saw their live demonstration at Fry's electronics in WA. I now have 5 of them for my house and business sites. I have one connected to my garage and I get instant notifications on my iphone when I forget to close it and I can close or open it anytime. I am so impressed with their advanced technology that I also bought Neposmart beams that I connect to their outdoor cameras ( one POE and one WiFi) for my open access area and driveway, I get instant notification, email with picture attachment and recording if someone crosses the beams. Their set up is so easy, no port to open and wrestle. You can call them anytime when you get stuck, their customer service is excellent. You might want to try one camera first as their system allows you to add one at a time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Neposmart is not the same as those cheap Chinese cameras out there. I love their cameras, I bought mine when I saw their live demonstration at Fry's electronics in WA. I now have 5 of them for my house and business sites. I have one connected to my garage and I get instant notifications on my iphone when I forget to close it and I can close or open it anytime. I am so impressed with their advanced technology that I also bought Neposmart beams that I connect to their outdoor cameras ( one POE and one WiFi) for my open access area and driveway, I get instant notification, email with picture attachment and recording if someone crosses the beams. Their set up is so easy, no port to open and wrestle. You can call them anytime when you get stuck, their customer service is excellent. You might want to try one camera first as their system allows you to add one at a time.
Welcome to the forum. You are right, they are not the same, they might be worse. If you need to rely their servers to make an outbound connection then you must hope they stay in business for the life of the camera. You also cannot use their cameras with third party VMS software, a big red flag (no onvif or rtsp support, at least none listed in the specs). A system that locks you into a proprietary vendor/setup is a HUGE no no..
Finally, the camera hardware is EXACTLY the same as the cheap china cams. 1/4 sensors...