Nest Hello - fps

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there
I am not sure but does anyone know if you can increase the FPS on blue iris/nest?
I only get 1fps when connected via bi?

cheers

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The frame rate is set by Nest. I have two nest cams and a nest hello doorbell and my FPS is typically around 15 FPS for these cameras. Are you using the RTMPS URL to download the stream from Nest to Blue Iris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The frame rate is set by Nest. I have two nest cams and a nest hello doorbell and my FPS is typically around 15 FPS for these cameras. Are you using the RTMPS URL to download the stream from Nest to Blue Iris?

Thank you for the reply, I will change it to RTMPS when I can get back on it. At the moment BI5 is running as a service and wont go to GUI when I double click..!

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, ran bi5 using compatability program (Win 8) couldn't open it on my Win 10 pro today?
Anyway I tried the RTMPS and I get no signal, I only get a signal on HTTPS public? any more ideas, please..!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using the demo evaluation version of BI or the full paid for version?

Bi runs only on one PC, if running as a service, then start the GUI program on that machine. Use the windows start menu to start the BI interface. You can access BI from other machines using the web interface UI3.

please read the wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page.

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hi there, that is what I am doing, running as service a paid program version. it runs at start-up and then I double click the icon to see the GUI. it takes either ages or does not come on at all.
Anyway, it works now I am using the win 8 on compatibility? strange but works! thank you SouthernYankee

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hi again. I can only get picture on - Make: nest/dropcam
Model: HTTPS/JPEG via public page
RTSP Port: 443
Discovery/ONVIF: 8999

if you have any help I would be greatly appreciate it!