never again Dahua! Support form "send" button defect, no answer with email

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I warn every body here to buy Dahua: camera DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5 any longer makes photos in level 5 (default), level 6 (best) never worked, now only photos in level 4. I guess in 3 months only photos in level 3 possible, then level 1, then level 1. Video works.

Support form - Dahua Technology is defect , "send" button has no reaction, nothing is sent. I filled out complete form with all serial numbers, firmware ,name, ... about 10 times last 2 weeks, Dahua seems not want to repair it.

I wrote to overseas@dahuatech.com (imprint of dahuasecurity.com) directly, I pleased to repair support form 4 days agao. No reaction so far. And support form is not repaired either.

Never again I will buy Dahua!!! :mad:. (I bought it because my installer recommended it).

Eckard

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua support, at least their US branch, kind of sucks. Just curious, but who do you plan to recommend, now you're off Dahua?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I warn every body here to buy Dahua: camera DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5 any longer makes photos in level 5 (default), level 6 (best) never worked, now only photos in level 4. I guess in 3 months only photos in level 3 possible, then level 1, then level 1. Video works.

Support form - Dahua Technology is defect , "send" button has no reaction, nothing is sent. I filled out complete form with all serial numbers, firmware ,name, ... about 10 times last 2 weeks, Dahua seems not want to repair it.

I wrote to overseas@dahuatech.com (imprint of dahuasecurity.com) directly, I pleased to repair support form 4 days agao. No reaction so far. And support form is not repaired either.

Never again I will buy Dahua!!! :mad:. (I bought it because my installer recommended it).

Eckard
You need to get support via your installer. Dahua does not support end users. Too bad you failed to do basic research. Its not dahuas problem that you hired a trunkslammer

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

Eckard
call ur installer if he hasnt moved onto another city by now.

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua support, at least their US branch, kind of sucks. Just curious, but who do you plan to recommend, now you're off Dahua?
I'll buy INSTAR IPcams, german cams (again!). I come from Germany. They cost 2 to 5 times more, but they work. I'm living in Bolivia since 1 1/2 years and its cost a lot time to get a INSTAR form Europe. But these cameras work. There is a big community with many professionals that maintain dozends of IPcams and there is a Instar support hotline that answers questions per email. I already worked with Instar in Germany.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us here use Dahua cameras and they are awesome.

Usually if I have to call a hotline, I know more than the person I am talking to, so I would rather not spend the additional money on a camera with a 1-800 number lol. Dahua makes Amcrest as an example and Amcrest has a 800 number but the cams are the cheaper end.

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought it in Bolivia.
BTW: I have a second Dahua HFW1230SP-80B-S5 , that IPcam still works, its only 1/2 year old, the other more than 1 year.

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
We buy direct from Empiretech. Andy here on this site. It is not so much Dahua's fault as there are knock-off
cameras with hacked firmware. It sees like 1st. shift in Chinese production was "name brand" then "custom"
and finally 3rd. shift they gather all the rest of the of the questionable stuff and run it out the back door.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This whole they don't sell direct to users so don't expect support is bullshit.
Almost nothing you buy is sold from the manufacturer directly to the end user but they still support it.
Why shouldn't dahua be the same?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Almost nothing you buy is sold from the manufacturer directly to the end user but they still support it.
Different industries do different things...

Plain and simple, the homeowner isn't the Dahua and Hikvision target audience, it is the professional installers that are authorized to sell and install this gear, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from for support or firmware updates.

Many people have bought a "Hikvision" or "Dahua" from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt - we have dozens of threads were people come here after trying that route.

We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer.

So if you want "manufacturer" support, then you need to buy their consumer label stuff - As an example Dahua makes Amcrest, so you buy Amcrest and get the 1-800 support or on the Hikvision side, buy Annke gear to get the 1-800 support number, but you can find many threads here where someone came here after calling 1-800 support and they were useless....

But the consumer label stuff is generally cheaper quality cameras - not built as well and less then ideal MP/sensor ratios, so they do not perform as well. They have to go cheaper on the camera in order to provide the 1-800 support.

Then you have OEM sellers like @EMPIRETECANDY that sell OEM that are the exact same camera and hasn't cheapened the camera with lessor grade materials or sensors. So you get the exact same camera for a lot cheaper than purchasing from an authorized professional installer, but without 24/7 customer support and no 1-800 customer service support line. And we are just fine with that because a forum like this exists that can provide much better support than the 1-800 numbers. Just look at all the posts where someone starts the post with they called Lorex or Amcrest or Annke for support and they couldn't help them...

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I would try a camera reset, or firmware upgrade.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions
You ever tried to buy a hard drive direct from Western Digital?
Can't be done if you're an end user, but guess what you can do it it's faulty?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You ever tried to buy a hard drive direct from Western Digital?
Can't be done if you're an end user, but guess what you can do it it's faulty?
We aren't talking about western digital...

We are talking about Dahua and Hikvision...plenty of threads here where people come here AFTER they tried that route and they told them to talk to their installer..

You mean this isn't really western digital where I have purchased drives directly?

OK then take a Dahua or Hikvision camera you have and call support and tell them it isn't working and let us know what they say....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Because like many many other manufactures this is not their business model. They dont support end users directly - particularly if you purchased gray market cameras at a discount and not through their official distributors . This is extremely common across many industries - I am shocked you have never seen this. Try calling honeywell for tech support on your vista alarm panel....Ill wait.
If you dont like it there are other brands that do. They model does not allow support for every end users who doesnt know what an ip address is.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK then take a Dahua or Hikvision camera you have and call support and tell them it isn't working and let us know what they say...
I'm not saying they're not doing what you say they're doing, I understand what they're doing.
I'm saying that they shouldn't be doing what they're doing.
They should be providing better support for their products.

And Western Digital was a bad example, I haven't actually purchase a hard drive for many years. :)
There are plenty of places where you cannot buy directly from the manufacturer but they still provide support for their products.