never again Dahua! Support form "send" button defect, no answer with email

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are plenty of places where you cannot buy directly from the manufacturer but they still provide support for their products.
And there are many places that dont...if it is something you need, then buy from a place that does. Its a free market.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They should be providing better support for their products.
Why? They dont want you buying their products. They want it to be sold through their supply chain. Why would they make it easy for you? Why should they waste money supporting the many issues that may come up during an install by an inexperienced user.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the many issues that may come up during an install by an inexperienced user.
I'm not talking about that, i'm talking about support for product failures.
If you buy a product it is not unreasonable to expect it to work for a reasonable length of time and if it doesn't, for the manufacturer to provide support for it.

EDIT: And i understand what you're saying.
I've taken the very same stance in a thread around here somewhere relating to Ubiquiti having a walled garden for their IP camera systems.
It's their business model of choice, but they still provide support for their products.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about that, i'm talking about support for product failures.
If you buy a product it is not unreasonable to expect it to work for a reasonable length of time and if it doesn't, for the manufacturer to provide support for it.

EDIT: And i understand what you're saying.
I've taken the very same stance in a thread around here somewhere relating to Ubiquiti having a walled garden for their IP camera systems.
It's their business model of choice, but they still provide support for their products.
If you purchase from an official distributor with the expected markup, either the distributor or dahua will replace it under a dahua warranty. Honeywell will not even talk to you. Same with many many other businesses. Same with many higher end AV companies - all claims must be made via your authorized reseller.
This is their business model, they dont want to deal with the little guy. It takes lots of resources to put up with little shits.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And that is why they have the consumer line Amcrest, Annie, etc. For folks that want that.

And why we say buy from a reputable reseller if you go that route.

@EMPIRETECANDY is a well respected vendor here that provides a 2 year warranty including replacement.

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try a camera reset, or firmware upgrade.
reset:
Nice idea every camera in the world has a "factory reset" , but not this camera. Accoding to manual it should have one. I already would have done "factory reset " if possible. In settings -> system -> default there exist only: "default"-button. Means: set back to default settings. And that just doesn't work! pics in quality level 5 do not work. BTW: until monday level 4 worked, now this level is also defect. I set to quality level 3 now. That works now. Lets see how many days. I guess that level 3 also stops working after 2-4 days, I have to reset the level every 2 days, then I can presumably increase level, lets test and see next days. Set current off/on doesn't help, the cams are only running when I am away, they are cut off from current very often.

Upgrade:
settings -> system -> upgrade tells: "It is the latest version" and: "System Version 2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2021-09-29"
Unfortunately dahua doesn't offer to download this firmware (underneath), then I could upgrade with the same firmware again.

Dahua Download:
Thx for hint for dahua download page. Your URL is no longer valid. I searched "DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5" in download page , then a new , valid URL appears:
https: /www.dahuasecurity.com/mena/support/downloadCenter/download-search?keyword=DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5
Manual can be downloaded, but a click to "firmware": page not found!
BTW: manual tells on page 213 that there should be a second button besides "default": "factory default"!!! But that doesn't exist!!!!!!!!

Thats dahua!! Thats bad service. And the support-form that is defect in "send" button after user has filled out the form with all details again and again is even worse than "bad service". Why is the support form not deleted/ disabled? Why only make the "send" button defect? To make user aggressive?

thx for Download links!!
"If you want to lose it, try to update the firmware.
HFW1230 S5 has three versions.
DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2 for QH2
DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Hertz2 for QH
The correct model needs to provide the S/N number."

I downloaded:
14811421 Aug 10 19:30 DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.9.R.230419.bin
17033680 Aug 10 19:30 DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Hertz2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.16.R.211026.bin

How can I check the correct serial number? My "DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5" has S/N 8A05D8APAG4279A and "System Version 2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2021-09-29"
Just try to "upgrade" with that *.bin files and check a warning popup window? (I hope a popup appears ... thats why I ask before)

tia
Eckard

@ now, this later afternoon the second dahua IPcamera HFW1230SP-80B-S5 doesn't make photos!!!!! :( and the first one makes photos (after I set quality level from 4 to 3)!! Its vice versa compaired with this morning!! What a mess! At midday both made photos for some hours. Typical Dahua! But both make videos reliably. Seems that I have the cheap consumer hardware/firmware, that sometimes works, sometimes not. So I don't see any improvement with other firmware. Its Dahuas illness, Dahua live ..
@@ after current reset of both cameras both make photos again. The second IPcam just "hung" making photos.

Last edited:

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
reset:
Nice idea every camera in the world has a "factory reset" , but not this camera. Accoding to manual it should have one. I already would have done "factory reset " if possible. In settings -> system -> default there exist only: "default"-button. Means: set back to default settings. And that just doesn't work! pics in quality level 5 do not work. BTW: until monday level 4 worked, now this level is also defect. I set to quality level 3 now. That works now. Lets see how many days. I guess that level 3 also stops working after 2-4 days, I have to reset the level every 2 days, then I can presumably increase level, lets test and see next days. Set current off/on doesn't help, the cams are only running when I am away, they are cut off from current very often.

Upgrade:
settings -> system -> upgrade tells: "It is the latest version" and: "System Version 2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2021-09-29"
Unfortunately dahua doesn't offer to download this firmware (underneath), then I could upgrade with the same firmware again.

Dahua Download:
Thx for hint for dahua download page. Your URL is no longer valid. I searched "DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5" in download page , then a new , valid URL appears:
https: /www.dahuasecurity.com/mena/support/downloadCenter/download-search?keyword=DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5
Manual can be downloaded, but a click to "firmware": page not found!
BTW: manual tells on page 213 that there should be a second button besides "default": "factory default"!!! But that doesn't exist!!!!!!!!

Thats dahua!! Thats bad service. And the support-form that is defect in "send" button after user has filled out the form with all details again and again is even worse than "bad service". Why is the support form not deleted/ disabled? Why only make the "send" button defect? To make user aggressive?

thx for Download links!!
"If you want to lose it, try to update the firmware.
The correct model needs to provide the S/N number."

I downloaded:
14811421 Aug 10 19:30 DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.9.R.230419.bin
17033680 Aug 10 19:30 DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Hertz2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.16.R.211026.bin

How can I check the correct serial number? My "DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5" has S/N 8A05D8APAG4279A and "System Version 2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2021-09-29"
Just try to "upgrade" with that *.bin files and check a warning popup window? (I hope a popup appears ... thats why I ask before)

tia
Eckard

@ now, this later afternoon the second dahua IPcamera HFW1230SP-80B-S5 doesn't make photos!!!!! :( and the first one makes photos (after I set quality level from 4 to 3)!! Its vice versa compaired with this morning!! What a mess! At midday both made photos for some hours. Typical Dahua! But both make videos reliably. Seems that I have the cheap consumer hardware/firmware, that sometimes works, sometimes not. So I don't see any improvement with other firmware. Its Dahuas illness, Dahua live ..
@@ after current reset of both cameras both make photos again. The second IPcam just "hung" making photos.
The result of this S/N number only shows DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5
The current firmware is DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2_Eng_PN_V2.800.0000000.5.R.210929
You can try to update DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2
Supplier is Digital Corporacion Digicorp Ltda.
Or contact your local supplier for repair.
Warranty until March 21, 2025.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Where did you get the cams from, that might give a clue as what can be done with them?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
You ever tried to buy a hard drive direct from Western Digital?
Can't be done if you're an end user, but guess what you can do it it's faulty?
Never had an issue. WD sell direct to end users via their website and their support has always ben awesome for faulty drives in my experience.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Never had an issue. WD sell direct to end users via their website and their support has always ben awesome for faulty drives in my experience.
Yes I've already explained that was a bad example because I haven't actually purchased a hard drive in years. Quite possibly literal decades.
The last time I actually purchased a hard drive you couldn't buy direct from WD.

SodFather09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want support go with a shitty camera like Ring pay a monthly fee and enjoy all your data going to the cloud. My main home I use dahua and Hikvision with blue iris. I installed 12 cameras and they are high quality metal cameras with good image quality at day and night.

I used ring at my beach home and installed 5 of the stickup cameras wired. Should of just did a blue iris install, but I got lazy. However got 3 of the ring cameras died on me within a two year period. However I called ring and because I’m a premium user and give them monthly money they ran me through 30 minutes of tech support to see if my unit was really died (which it was) they sent me a new camera all 3 times. With that said ring camera are horrible they are cheap plastic and the image quality is bad plus I have to pay for it monthly. Only reason I do is because I used ring alarm which I like however cameras not so much.

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh wonderful ... support in Europe exists! Great! I found "Dahua DACH technical support" with search engine:
there is only a FAQ, and nothing listed with "no fotos". How did you send a support request. After login? (first register)

I just wanted to register. Its only for Distributor, Installer or Reseller with contract, but there exist also "reseller no contract"! No support for private end user like the others here said!! I select "reseller no contract" ... lets see ...
Ahhh ... there also exist support for "private/ end user" , they tell at end of registration, support request to users@dahuatech.support . Ok, I send to this email ...

@4 hours later a response, great!!! But they told that my cameras are not EU-(=Europe)distributed, so no support. But I need a firmware-update and I should adress to my distributor/installer. So: the check for firmware update in first cameras with result "Up to date" is wrong!!! ( in second camera the check is damaged, not possible, button is light grey)
Now I contaced my installer here in Bolivia again and pleased to register or ask his distributer. Lets see ...
Support Dahua for installers, reseller, distributors in south america.

PS: thx for firmware download link above. But what happens if the firmware is not exactly the correct one? - Then camera is maybe damaged forever , right?

Attachments

Last edited:

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The result of this S/N number only shows DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5
The current firmware is DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2_Eng_PN_V2.800.0000000.5.R.210929
You can try to update DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2
Supplier is Digital Corporacion Digicorp Ltda.
Or contact your local supplier for repair.
Warranty until March 21, 2025.
This camera can't be updated with the wrong firmware.
Don't worry about damage caused by wrong updates.
Just make sure that the power is not interrupted during the update.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Can I ask, why did you buy this model camera? On Dahua site, shows for Jordan only. I don't know what that means, though. It is safer to go with a model, that everybody uses and it is a proven camera that works for everybody.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
From germany, living in bolivia and using cams for Jordan market.
And its the cheapest model you could get.

Why ! WHY no support ?!
To be fair he might have been limited in buying options.

I have a holiday home in India and it’s nigh on impossible to be able to buy any decent cams over there, everything I’ve found over there locally is what I would regard as a potato cam.

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
If you want to lose it, try to update the firmware.
The correct model needs to provide the S/N number.
I upgraded to DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2 for QH2: now no video, seems to be not the correct firmware. Login, settings, .. work. But no video.

@@@ I played back my configFileExport.backup and IPcam makes videos and photos reliably (so far) and sends them by ftp so my raspberry-server!!! Great!!! IPcam works!! So video in browser may be a browser problem! Who can help? - My browsers here on linux, ubuntu are up to date ... perhaps restart Firefox, reboot my laptop ... I do it ... didn't help. I found a browser on linux that works: "chromium" !! Yeahhh!!! And photos are take even in best quality (6), this never worked before!!! :)

Now (old fw output see above):

Device TypeDH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S5
System VersionV2.800.0000000.9.R, Build Date: 2023-04-19
WEB VersionV3.2.1.61652
ONVIF Version21.06(V2.0.1.61055)
S/N8A05D8APAG4279A
Security Baseline VersionV2.1

thank you very much. All seems to work with my first Dahua IPcam.
Eckard

Last edited:

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
This camera can't be updated with the wrong firmware.
Don't worry about damage caused by wrong updates.
Just make sure that the power is not interrupted during the update.
My second IPcam is now as worse as the first one before the firmware update, concerning reliability of photos. Only in 10% of times photos are done now. . Can I update this second dahua IPcam with same firmware DH_IPC-HX1XXX-Edison2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.9.R.230419.bin ?

Device Type DH-IPC-HFW1230S-S5 (the type differs slightly to first IPcam, no "1" at end of ....1230S )
System Version V2.800.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2022-06-13
WEB Version V3.2.1.52763
ONVIF Version 21.06(V2.0.1.52184)
S/N 8J0090EPAGD78BD
Security Baseline Version V2.1

thank you in advance :)
Eckard