New 4MP DS-2CD3345-I Camera Hikvision NVR Compatibility issue

Reaction score

nifty

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible for someone to make a backup of their hacked English firmware for the DS-2CD3345-I? I'd like to restore it to my camera (which is in Chinese). I'm not having much luck finding (or making?) a hacked English firmware for this camera.

Thanks!

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received mine and it crashes about 2 minutes if I login to the camera or view any video. I tried using their software on windows, mac, safari and VLC! I'm really pissed off!!

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
boounga - Ouch! Where did you get it from?
I ended up doing a full restore (not retaining network settings) two different times to get it set how I want without crashing. I just about returned everything.

Turned IR off and have a spotlight on at night now, the IR really is useless out in the country!

scottw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys. Figured I would share a recent experience related to this thread for others who may see the same thing. I recently purchased a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 NVR and had the same problem where somehow in the config it seems the NVR adopts the sub-channel resolution for the main channel just like the images you attached. I had upgraded to 3.3.4 build 150811 when I first noticed it happening. The fix for me was resetting both the NVR and Camera to factory defaults. In case anyone else experiences this, when I switched the camera with a completely different model (ds-2cd3t45-i5) in that port, the problem persisted in the config on the NVR with the new camera and then both the new and old camera's had the issue. The camera in question in my case is the ds-2cd2335-i with version 5.3.3 build 150803. All is well after the factory resets but the combination of the NVR software and the hacked firmware seem glitchy.