New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The CGI/API commands I posted earlier are the same for Dahua cameras as Amcrest, so I would think they should be accepted on the Lorex. It's true that Amcrest modifies the Dahua firmware to some extent - particularly to adapt it to their SmartHome app. Things like push notification events, cloud servers (AWS) are different. Vast majority of the API are the same.

You might also try using an NVR or the SmartPSS app to see if either provides the option to remove the logo. In SmartPSS, under the settings/gear icon, look under Camera / Encode / Overlay. On my AD410 it shows options to toggle or change or position the Channel name and Time.
So I tried SmartPSS which is pretty great I have to say, I have an Amcrest too and although that has the built in web server GUI, it's nice to be able to use this app.
So on the doorbell (Lorex)
1)there is a setting under Encode, Video, Main Stream called "Watermark" - checked/unchecked it does nothing. I assumed this would be the LOREX watermark at the top left of the video, but cannot remove it
2)I can confirm that under Encode, Overlay there are settings to add text and move it "Channel Display" as well as check/uncheck Time Display - both work.
3)The API commands don't work; from what I read they assume a working web server (port) which the Lorex does not have. I tried port 3500 (one which SmartPSS uses to config) both http/https and no workie; does the AD410 have a working port 80? Seems it's default if you don't specify...

Something is now strange, under the Camera setting I messed with the brightness, turned it up a bit from 50 to 60/75 and it got grainy. Changing it back to 50, it's not sort of "pulsating" grainy on and off, this wasn't happening before I messed with it... I may do a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the SmartPSS recommendation, much better than the phone app

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes, all the Amcrest cameras and doorbells have a web server on port 80 to support the API - but with the SmartHome devices, there is no web UI.

Sorry, I should have warned you about using SmartPSS to adjust video settings. They do work but for some reason the app sends additional settings that are inappropriate for the doorbell cams and you end up with a degraded picture. A factory reset should fix it.

I find it very strange that you're finding that the Lorex does not have a web server on port 80. That is how the apps communicate with it.

Try: <ipaddr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All

That's a very standard Dahua command to dump all the configurations in the camera.

Last edited:

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, all the Amcrest cameras and doorbells have a web server on port 80 to support the API - but with the SmartHome devices, there is no web UI.

Sorry, I should have warned you about using SmartPSS to adjust video settings. They do work but for some reason the app sends additional settings that are inappropriate for the doorbell cams and you end up with a degraded picture. A factory reset should fix it.

I find it very strange that you're finding that the Lorex does not have a web server on port 80. That is how the apps communicate with it.

Try: <ipaddr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All

That's a very standard Dahua command to dump all the configurations in the camera.
No worries, I did a factory reset and seems fine now - I'll keep that in mind and won't adjust those setting, but the ability of adjusting the other encoding settings is nice to have.
I ran these commands but nothing happened - a port scan only gives me port 554 and port 5000. It's possible Lorex has changed the firmware to block that port as they want you to use their hardware; well too bad. I am considering returning this unit and ordering the Amcrest as it's on sale, and even shipped to canada with the exchange, shipping duties, it will come in at the same price as this Lorex and at least I will have a working unit - not crazy about it being black though, the white is more visible as a doorbell.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is Motion Detection is a hit or miss with this doorbell. When I added to to BI I used the same AI Deepstack setting as the other cameras that are just a few feet away from the doorbell.
When there's motion I get notified by the Amcrest app, but not by blue iris. So the doorbell motion is working,..not sure why BI it's a hit or miss when I get motion alerts using this doorbell.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the lorex 2k the app allows one to turn off the status LED, which is the light around the button. Haven't tested to see if i block it from the internet, will it flash blue or stay off though.

Still cant remove the lorex logo though.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the distance is of the mountings holes off this doorbell or where I can find this information?

TIA

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a lot "NoSignal" under alerts? It's been about 3 days since I've reset mine and it's at 11.

kson

n3wb
Reaction score
I need 2 way audio and I'm fine to use Amcrest's app on my iphone but has anyone worked out if the orientation of a 'call' can be set properly?

When I answer the doorbell it forces landscape and stretches the image, distorting it, it's horrible ux.

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got this installed and working fine, even added to BlueIris and for the most part works fine. I got the iFrame set to 15fps as per the API setting i saw earlier in this thread, got rid of the Amcrest logo, also got rid of the time/date stamp as well.
Not sure if this is just due to it being a Wifi doorbell, but I cannot get the Mainstream to get to 1.00 on the iFrame, its always very low even after validated the Mainstream has the right 15frame iFrame which matches the 15fps. What Im noticing is that the substream has no problem holding 15fps and 1.0 on iFrame, but the Mainstream is normally well below 1fps and then iFrame is in the 0.05 range or so.

Anyone got any luck on getting this the same as substream or is this just the limitation of the doorbell.

rnormore

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got the Amcrest AD410 today but was a little disappointed I could not stream to my Echo Show or Fire Stick. I live in Canada and the Amcrest Home App is not available here. Does anyone know any work arounds to stream to Amazon devices? Maybe I am missing something.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got the Amcrest AD410 today but was a little disappointed I could not stream to my Echo Show or Fire Stick. I live in Canada and the Amcrest Home App is not available here. Does anyone know any work arounds to stream to Amazon devices? Maybe I am missing something.
How are you trying to stream, you can use any app that will play back a rtsp stream, like TinyCam.

Amcrest Smart Home app is available in google play store, in Canada. If ita not available on the fire stick that's am amazon issue. Sideload google play store and you can get all the android apps. Not familiar with echo show to comment.

rnormore

n3wb
Reaction score
How are you trying to stream, you can use any app that will play back a rtsp stream, like TinyCam.

Amcrest Smart Home app is available in google play store, in Canada. If ita not available on the fire stick that's am amazon issue. Sideload google play store and you can get all the android apps. Not familiar with echo show to comment.
Thanks yeah I can do the rtsp streaming fine to firigate and blue iris but I want the ability to ask Alexa to show the front door bell when the button is pushed. I had the same doorbell version from Lorex and that aspect worked fine but the HA integration is better with Amcrest. Seems I can't win.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the HA supposed to be better with the Amcrest version due to the SDK/API calls; I assume that's why.
-On a side note - I am using BI as well to record the stream from the doorbell (Lorex version) and I have a constant clipping sound, when there is no other sound; almost like if there is no other sound around, the unit amplifies in a feedback loop a tiny sound - when there is sound around (i.e. wind directly into speaker, I am outside, there is a courier coming on the porch) this sound goes away...

Camasaur

n3wb
Reaction score
This place is great - the tech knowledge is extremely useful and the members very helpful.

I've had the AD410 for almost exactly six months now. It's been working very well with BI, configured to to use the camera's built-in person detection to trigger via ONVIF. About a month ago the image quality went bye-bye, with near field focus good but mid-to-far extremely bad. The lens is clean and scratch/abrasion free (as far as I can tell), streaming is consistent, the IR works OK, but I'm now getting falsies several times a day which is new behavior.

I've power cycled with no effect, as well as played with the encoding settings. I think it's either physical (moisture inside the lens?) or the unit is failing. Any thoughts or ideas on what to try or look for are appreciated. I attached a 1/2 scale image to illustrate.

Pookie.jpg

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Amcrest SmartHome devices are sensitive to configurations made outside of the SmartHome app. Most config changes work fine but some, particularly video/encoding changes, are known to cause the live video to either freeze or look bad.

A factory reset of the AD410 should fix the problem if the poor video is configuration related.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amcrest SmartHome devices are sensitive to configurations made outside of the SmartHome app. Most config changes work fine but some, particularly video/encoding changes, are known to cause the live video to either freeze or look bad.

A factory reset of the AD410 should fix the problem if the poor video is configuration related.
I can confirm; on the Lorex2K I made some changes with that tool, and the video got messed up even though I made no changes to the video specs/properties. A reset changed it back to normal!