New Asus router does not show Hickvision cameras (No hickvision webinterface by IP)

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Hickvision cameras worked fine with my previous Netgear router. In the settings of the Hickvision cameras I assigned a 'static' IP to them so they would always retain that IP address. This worked fine with my old router, but with the new router the camera's don't show up and I can't connect to their web interfaces by typing in the IP address. What could I be doing wrong? Should i enable something on the router? Must the cameras be reset? I do not use a Hickvision NVR. I have a setup that uses my computer, blueiris and AI.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Your new router is using a different IP address scheme. You can either reset the cameras or change the IP in your PC to one on your old network IP scheme, go into each camera and change them to match the new scheme, or go into the router and change the local LAN address scheme back to what the old scheme was.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I don't like to set a static ip on things. I find it easier, at least for me, is to reserve an IP address for devices in the router, say in the 1.0 to 1.50 range and then you setup your DHCP server to hand out ip address in the 1.51 to 1.254 range

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI -

Lesson:

Write down your IP address info on a piece of paper next to your router .. that way when you change out routers you will have it right there.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I don't like to set a static ip on things. I find it easier, at least for me, is to reserve an IP address for devices in the router, say in the 1.0 to 1.50 range and then you setup your DHCP server to hand out ip address in the 1.51 to 1.254 range
But...\
Since it was his router that that changed, those reservations you speak of would not have been present in the new router.
Personally, I prefer static IP's that are outside of the router's DHCP pool...no reservation needed (many ISP-furnished routers don't even offer the res feature).
I have all of them written down and in Blue Iris the last 3 of the IP (like .204) is present in the cam's name and on the screen.
But...whatever cranks your tractor, I always say. :cool: