New BI build

Reaction score
I had thought so as well, but all the pros on here use it . If you want a timestamp in your video, it can be added when you export from BI.
OR--- I can use the timestamp overlay on each camera...... hmmmmm

On direct to disk-- how are files saved? Is there a size - time-limit? I am reading the documentation, but it does not describe this? WHAT are the file extensions?

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I prefer the BI timestamp, so there is that ;-)

BVR is the extension to use as you can review while it is recording. Other formats have size limits, not sure about the BVR, but you can specify the length of the clip.

Reaction score
I changed all 4 cams to direct-to-disk.... cpu is now at 26% idle. my 2 front cams are at 20fps-- both were triggered a bit ago and I hit 46% -- that was 99% yesterday...

EDIT: Would an SSD main drive help this old system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed all 4 cams to direct-to-disk.... cpu is now at 26% idle. my 2 front cams are at 20fps-- both were triggered a bit ago and I hit 46% -- that was 99% yesterday...

yes, see your other thread.

Reaction score

I use an ssd for blue iris and i have a separate 4TB hard drive for storage. I followed the wiki for blue iris optimization, you can see it here.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wasn't looking for anything, just showing a screen shot of my cpu percentage running 13 cameras. i set frame rates at 15 and a few at 20.
Maybe I'm not optimized good then, Blue Iris for me usually stays around 35% with 4 8MP 15FPS recording direct to disk. I have an i7-6700 with 40.0 GB memory. Looking in Task Manager Blue Iris is using about 27% GPU.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is where I am now after the new build. I am not running as a service on this system.

1589982605116.png

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did notice the other day that somehow my "Hardware accelerated decode" setting had gotten set back to "No" for all cameras instead of "Default" which is where I thought I had it for all 4 cameras. Not sure when it changed but I'm pretty sure I had it set!

reaver

n3wb
Reaction score
Not meaning to hijack but I've been thinking of getting a custom build for my BI server. If you had the opportunity for a custom built PC dedicated for the current version of BI with say 5 cameras, what would be on the build list?