new biz and camera advice

Reaction score
1) we are opening a 2nd location for my wife's biz and I plan on putting about 4-5 cameras inside her interior retail location. At the 1st location, I used domes for everything...my basic requirement is that I want to be able to see a tiny zit on someone's face so its super easy to ID any potential criminal :) I also want to purchase a NAS with it that comes with an ios mobile app so we can easily review footage remotely. I'll be wiring everything with cat5e so I could do PoE.

Any recommendations?

2) secondly, I want to buy an outdoor wired security cam that has crazy high clarity from about 500 ft away and 6 stories tall...good enough to grab a license plate # pic. It should be good day/night. tks!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1) we are opening a 2nd location for my wife's biz and I plan on putting about 4-5 cameras inside her interior retail location. At the 1st location, I used domes for everything...my basic requirement is that I want to be able to see a tiny zit on someone's face so its super easy to ID any potential criminal :) I also want to purchase a NAS with it that comes with an ios mobile app so we can easily review footage remotely. I'll be wiring everything with cat5e so I could do PoE.

Any recommendations?

2) secondly, I want to buy an outdoor wired security cam that has crazy high clarity from about 500 ft away and 6 stories tall...good enough to grab a license plate # pic. It should be good day/night. tks!
Indoor dome, can use IPC-HDBW4431F-AS this is mini one and has mic.
Outdoor use IPC-HFW5231E-Z12...

Reaction score
Hey @EMPIRETECANDY thanks for the recommendation. Which 8 port NVR would you recommend for this and are there any good prepackage bundles for 4 or so indoor domes and a NVR?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - a lot of us are using the NVR5216-16p-4ks2 models, you can look for the 8 port version of this ( only a small savings ) and then compare it with the 4x08 version ( 4108 = 1 HDD ).

Reaction score
FYI - a lot of us are using the NVR5216-16p-4ks2 models, you can look for the 8 port version of this ( only a small savings ) and then compare it with the 4x08 version ( 4108 = 1 HDD ).
Thanks @mat200 !! The indoor domes above that I'll be getting 4 of are only 4mp and 1 HD is fine with me. I definitely want to have h265/264 recording and PoE ports. I also don't see myself ever getting more than like 6 cameras total in the future and for sure not more than 8. It seems like the trick is understanding what Max Decoding means...so when for an 8 channel NVR it says 4ch@4k/16ch@1080p or 2ch@4k/8ch@1080p ??

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score

save up your lunch money for this one.....

Alf1096

n3wb
Reaction score
why not buy the motorized lens? easy installing and using, price no big difference, just firmware can't be updated, IPC-HDBW-4431R-ZS.
This is a Chineese camera correct? Everyone suggest to stay away from them what are your thoughts

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is a Chineese camera correct? Everyone suggest to stay away from them what are your thoughts
if your budget is limited and never want to update the firmware then use it, if not, buy original english ones only.

Reaction score
why not buy the motorized lens? easy installing and using, price no big difference, just firmware can't be updated, IPC-HDBW-4431R-ZS.
@EMPIRETECANDY I didn't know that model existed :))) So if I got that model plus the ones above, do you know if that NVR would work? That's the part I don't know how to calculate.