New cam flash's oddly

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Brand new IPC-T3241T-ZAS and all seems just fine with it but I started getting this odd flash on the screen and it is quite annoying.
Only does it on that one cam view, so it is not the monitor either.
Had to shoot this on my cellphone as it does NOT show on any playbacks and never happened until I plugged in the new cam.
I've swapped cams on that cable since it started and no issue with the others - cable is good.
CPU reading around 20% - GPU around 25% on a Dell i7-4790
Does it day or night - color or B/W mode
Nothing but BI running on that machine.
It has no set time or space between flashes but seems to do it 2-4 times within 10 sec of each other then may wait a minute or 2 or hours before doing it again.
Wondering if anyone has seen this before and can give me a lead to chase down.

Attachments

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Normal stuff - camera max is 25 FPS so I set iFrame there also but you did make me see that this is the only cam I (accidentally) had on H265. I am changing that to see, but could that be the cause?
Clipboard01.jpg

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using HA (hardware acceleration) in BI? There have been issues with h.265 and hardware acceleration.
I do not use H.265 at this time, so not an expert in the current h.265 set of problems.
I would test with h.264

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I followed all of the instructions for acceleration but being a rookie I wouldn't know if it is doing anything or not.
Changing from H.265 to H.264 does seem to have stopped the weird screen flash though - but now I see a new problem where it just drops signal for a few seconds.
It shows up in the Status > Cameras section and it looks like I've had 25 drops in the last few hours that I've been doing other things.
Not a huge deal but this is also annoying and I don't know if it interferes with any triggers or alerts. And it did it again while typing with no motion on any cam. Odd it only drops for 2-3 seconds.
I'm going to drop any acceleration and kill triggers on this cam for a while and monitor it.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
interesting - I turned off the Intel acceleration when I posted last - 2.5 hours ago - and not one signal loss from that cam. CPU running at 20% with 3 of 5 cams running infrared. I'm good now. :)