New camera, but where's the SD Card slot ???

Reaction score
Hi Guy's
Need a bit of help here if anyone can help. I just bought a sricam SP015 fitted it up high on garage. Everything works great connectivity, picture, wifi, but then realised needed an sd card inserted for recording, Does anyone know where this is ? I have a idea its inside the dome, have taken the outer dome off, but don't want to force anything to get inside to look. Any idea's ?
Many thanks in advance
Dave

Reaction score
Thanx for the quick reply.
In the advert it says "Mobile view allows you to realize remote view & recording anywhere & anytime"
But when all fitted and running it just keeps trying to format sd card ! although I haven't fitted one, therefore it wont record.
I can take still take photo's which save to my photo gallery n phone but no video's will save
Hope you understand what I a trying to say

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look in the product manual or quick start giude. If you don't have the manual or quick start guide then download them from the internet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sricam is bottom barrel garbage. You best bet is to return it.

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to derail the thread, but it reminds me of a great lesson I learned from this forum, esp the build thread by @CaliGirl. Set everything up on your table (cameras, switches, nvr/pc, etc) and make sure it works exactly like you expect it to before you run cables, or mount anything. Then before you mount a camera permanently, secure it to a 2x4 or pole, wire it up, and test to make sure you are getting the view you expect. Check the views in both the daytime and nighttime. To the OP, you might have trouble returning something if it's already been installed or is obvious it's been out in the weather. It's also a major PITA, especially if you buy one of those package deals at a big box store. They will make you return everything including the cable if one component isn't working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
lol, Nonamesleft, Yeah I looked at that (with a magnifier) there is nothing to take a card where the arrow points to.
Thanks everyone for your input, I will just use it for what it is I think, cheap n nasty, but maybe enough to keep unwanted visitors away

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Tap it gently with a hammer to locate the card slot. If that isn't enough, then tap it a bit harder. A crack should appear where you can enter your card. :)

Reaction score
If the camera actually as an SD card slot (and it might, but there's no real evidence it does) it may be entirely self-contained within the camera housing. The Reolink RLC-410W has a 16GB SD card embedded in the camera, but there's no slot because it's an outdoor cam, and an SD slot would defeat the waterproof enclosure. Have you disassembled the camera and inspected the internals?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weird...ad clearly says up to 128gb card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Ask your seller. Return if not as advertised.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my big black face PTZ had to be basically taken apart, the main circuit board extracted before I was able to locate the SD card slot.. sometimes they are very well hidden and not easily accessible.