New camera can't reassign new IP address Password error

Reaction score
Trying to install new IPC-HDW2831TM-AS-S2 I have initialized it, set password and email address but when hitting the web button it won't connect. Tried to change static IP and gives an error
IP 192.168.1.108
Operation type Modify Password
Operation result Password error
I have tried the password I used when initializing and also the default "admin" Neither work.
Serial numbers
The serial number that comes up for the camera when searched for is different to what is on the camera and box. Camera and box S/N are the same.
Putting the default IP into the browser it says took too long can't reach this page. My lan network is 192.168.2.x but can't modify the cameras IP address to suit. I can't reset the password because it can't contact the camera. It initialized fine.
Where to go from here?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My lan network is 192.168.2.x but can't modify the cameras IP address to suit. I can't reset the password because it can't contact the camera. It initialized fine.
Where to go from here?
You need to temporarily change the PC IP address to be in the same range as the camera so that you can access the camera web GUI and change the network configuration to match your network address range.
For example, set the PC to 192.168.1.200 and point the browser at 192.168.1.108