new camera no motion detection

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now i know it is absolutely going to be something i am missing but i have set up this camera the same exact way that other cameras i have working but this one just will not notify of movement. The camera is theIPC-HDW5231R-Z. While i have reread the BI help file , I still am unable to get it work. I walk through the whole area and nothing. On the rare occasion a vehicle driving by Headlights will set it off. once again I appreciate anyone that might be able to show me the error in my ways. (sorry if the screen shots are terrible)upload_2017-8-7_21-49-45.png upload_2017-8-7_21-50-23.png upload_2017-8-7_21-50-57.png upload_2017-8-7_21-51-52.png upload_2017-8-7_21-52-20.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now i know it is absolutely going to be something i am missing but i have set up this camera the same exact way that other cameras i have working but this one just will not notify of movement. The camera is theIPC-HDW5231R-Z. While i have reread the BI help file , I still am unable to get it work. I walk through the whole area and nothing. On the rare occasion a vehicle driving by Headlights will set it off. once again I appreciate anyone that might be able to show me the error in my ways. (sorry if the screen shots are terrible)View attachment 20706 View attachment 20707 View attachment 20708 View attachment 20709 View attachment 20710
that is because you have setup so that zone B is always in zone A....therefore there is never a move from A-B as per your object detection settings....set them up so they are touching
From the help file
Zones and Masking

Motion that occurs in an area that is not covered by any zone is effectively masked.

Because objects are only detected in areas covered by at least one zone, you don't want to leave masked "gaps" between zones when looking for objects crossing zones. Overlapping the zones is not ideal either because the object may originate in the overlapped region and will never be detected as crossing. One way to configure this would be to use zone A as a mask, excluding areas that you do not want to monitor at all. Then, setup additional zones B and C that are part of A, and look for object movement between B-C. This way, B and C do not have to be touching or overlapping whatsoever.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to understand . So then it would be set up like this ? upload_2017-8-8_6-57-55.png upload_2017-8-8_6-58-21.png