New Camera Not Recording

christoman

n3wb
Reaction score
Just added a new camera to an existing setup. A Foscam R2 that I picked up a few months back. Have it set to continuously record to a brand new drive. Live view seems to work fine. But when I try to play any clip I get "Sorry, the file could not be found". Any ideas on what's wrong? Posted some screen shots below. Thank you.

1574847430896.png1574847730724.png1574847842064.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up looks good to me.
Does the folders exits on the h drive?
Does the folder have the correct security so that it can be written to by the BI service ? Administrator
Reboot the bi PC.

Last edited:

christoman

n3wb
Reaction score
Did a repair, rebooted, checked security. The directory was selected from the File/Open dialog, so I know it wasn't mist-yped. I just changed the destination drive to another one and it still does the same thing. All the clips say "00sec", so for some reason it isn't writing.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ... progress it is not the drive, it is the camera or the BI configuration.

Is there any usefull information in the BI status messages tab ?
Are there any files on the with the correct name on either of the hard drives ?
Are the drives internal or external ?
What is the camera names short and long of the camera ?
provide a screen short of the cameras BI "Video file format and compression" screen

Try deleting the camera from BI and re adding it.

christoman

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, hard drive doesn't seem to be the culprit. The office camera that I moved to that drive seems to be writing fine. This is on a new SATA controller so I thought that might possibly be the issue, but it seems good.

Neither drives has any clips from the offending camera. I deleted and re-added the camera this morning and it still is doing the same thing. Long name of the camera is "Living Room" and short name is "LR". Previously it was "Living Room 2" and "LR2" as I had another camera using the current name earlier today. (I added this camera alongside my old one. When I noticed it wasn't writing any clips, I deleted the old cam and new one and re-added the new cam with the name of the old one.)

All drives are internal. The drive I moved the offending camera to is not new and has a couple of other cameras writing to it.

I've attached caps of the status and the file format and compression screens. Seems odd that there doesn't seem to be any sort of error or alert message anywhere.

Thanks for all your help.

1574899213387.png1574899327614.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am at a loss.

I can see in the status both the LR and LR2 cameras reporting motion. So the live video is reaching BI. It is not the camera and it is not the harddrive.

Maybe @fenderman or @bp2008 can step up and have an idea. It is more than likely something simple, that I am not seeing.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Maybe the camera isn't sending H.264? I'm not sure how direct to disc handles a jpeg stream.