New Dahua doorbell DHI-DB11

Teklock

n3wb
Reaction score
The manual is not there yet, so i bet it hasn't been released....

welshy

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking forward to the review, manual refers to ONVIF password, although could be misleading ?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what sensor is in these - the Nest Hello I got recently seems to be a Starlight sensor as it's very good and clean at night time and much better than the Ring Pro it replaced.

Do Dahua put wedge kits in with the doorbell to allow you to angle it slightly?

They were an optional extra with Ring Pro but in the box with the Nest.

On the flipside of that in the UK you normally need a different transformer as a lot of doorbells here are 12v - Ring provide the necessary transformer in the box whereas Nest require you to sort your own, looking at the specs for the Dahua it would also need a new transformer capable of 16-24v for UK homes like the following:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking forward to some user reviews.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well even if it does not use ONVIF I am still interested becasue I already have a starlight pointed at front door, but would like something the wife can get notified on her phone and pull up quickly like Ring. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
You know you can do the same thing as ring on a regular camera, right? BI will send you an alert you click and it shows you. Super bad ass. I get a text AND and app push with a photo.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You know you can do the same thing as ring on a regular camera, right? BI will send you an alert you click and it shows you. Super bad ass. I get a text AND and app push with a photo.
Who needs a push button? I have BI motion detection set so my wife and I both get a push notification as soon as someone steps on the porch.
And one goes to my always on kindle Fire.

@reverend wedge kits not included.

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interested to read whether you can get a regular (rtsp, http) stream from this unit? I have been looking for a ‘regular’ camera that can be mounted at the inside of a (frontdoor) window or liek a doorbell camera. Haven’t found anything decent yet, so s doorbell camera may be usefull, but only if i can get a proper stream and preferably snapshots.

As for doorbel appliance versus regular cameras, as suggested, no need for a PIR sensor or pushbutton. I rely on a combined Microwave and PIR sensor for detecting people. No issues with sunlight, headlights (PIR) and cats or birds (Microwave) as both need to detect. Maybe one false trigger in a month or so.

Kil

n3wb
Reaction score
Who needs a push button? I have BI motion detection set so my wife and I both get a push notification as soon as someone steps on the porch.
And one goes to my always on kindle Fire.

@reverend wedge kits not included.
Us dutch-guys do. With no porches, just a few bricks in front of the door. I tried motion detection, i've never had such a busy day before, haha.