New Dahua NVR need adivce on model please

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking at grabbing a new NVR and the models i am looking at are the NVR5216-16P-4KS2E and the NVR4216-16P-4Ks2.

I will be running probably 8 cams in total some 5mp or 6mp Lite AI Dahuas

Can you someone please tell me if there is a huge difference between them, and it is worth the premium for the 5216?
Is the 4216 running the ner GUI and firmware?

Is the NVR4216-I worth considering?

Any help would be much appreciated

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Off course there are huge differences, the main question is, will your "probably" 8 cams with "probably" 5MP or 6MP (in which resolution?) drain the inbound bandwidth constraints with the 4216?

Tons of topics on the forum here: Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 V2 or NVR4216-16P-4KS2 or ?

They are, software-wise, all the same (v4 firmware), however as you mention you'll hook up AI cams, I think the best way forward is an -I NVR model as it uses these AI features?

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Off course there are huge differences, the main question is, will your "probably" 8 cams with "probably" 5MP or 6MP (in which resolution?) drain the inbound bandwidth constraints with the 4216?

Tons of topics on the forum here: Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 V2 or NVR4216-16P-4KS2 or ?

They are, software-wise, all the same (v4 firmware), however as you mention you'll hook up AI cams, I think the best way forward is an -I NVR model as it uses these AI features?
Hi,
I understand that you can use the AI functions of the cam on a standard NVR as the cam does the processing, I really though the A I NVR in the mix is it will give AI functionality to cams without AI, I am sure that’s how it works

But the one I was looking at is bashed on the 4216 so the question is still there 4216 or 5216, for the most part the cams I will have will more than likely be used At full res.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,
I understand that you can use the AI functions of the cam on a standard NVR as the cam does the processing, I really though the A I NVR in the mix is it will give AI functionality to cams without AI, I am sure that’s how it works

But the one I was looking at is bashed on the 4216 so the question is still there 4216 or 5216, for the most part the cams I will have will more than likely be used At full res.
Haai!

Did you read the forumthread I referred to? There is a large difference in backplane (inbound) bandwidth between the "lower range" 4216 versus "mid range" 5216. There are enough bandwidth calculation tools on the internet to see whether (or not) a particular NVR might handle 5-6 full resolution 6MP cameras...

Within those calculations, take into account that if you're going to watch off-premise footage, you might be tempted to include recording of the substream(s) too, which explodes the required bandwith (luckily not twice the bandwidth).

Good luck!
CC

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Haai!

Did you read the forumthread I referred to? There is a large difference in backplane (inbound) bandwidth between the "lower range" 4216 versus "mid range" 5216. There are enough bandwidth calculation tools on the internet to see whether (or not) a particular NVR might handle 5-6 full resolution 6MP cameras...

Within those calculations, take into account that if you're going to watch off-premise footage, you might be tempted to include recording of the substream(s) too, which explodes the required bandwith (luckily not twice the bandwidth).

Good luck!
CC
Hi yep read it thanks

Checking a bandwidth calc with 8 cams running at 5mp H265 Hign quality 25fps = 56.5 Mbps and H264 High Quality 75 Mbps