New Doorbell: NELLY'S (NSC-DB2) - need help with 2 way audio in Blue Iris (among other things)

Reaction score
Super Newb here. Here's the situation:

NELLY'S (NSC-DB2) Doorbell
  • Connected into Blue Iris fine (picture is great)
  • Followed advice of other threads to set vendor/model to Hikvision/DS-2CDxxxx RTSP
  • Still no audio
(ALSO)
- After setting up camera in Blue Iris, I can still see the live view in app, but when I (or any other mobile device) tried to 'answer' the doorbell, I don't get any picture. Just 2 way sound (EZVIZ and RCA app tested).

- on Nelly's firmware V5.2.4 build 190625

I need help getting 2 way audio working from Blue Iris (Running on an VM) and resolving the issue of no picture when doorbell pressed in EZVIZ app.

Thank you,

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I would suggest reading this guide first

Then do a search in this thread, your questions may already be answered in there

Reaction score
I would suggest reading this guide first

Then do a search in this thread, your questions may already be answered in there
Thank you! I swear I spent 2 days searching and reading though that thread and never came across the 101 page. My worst fear was getting a "you should probably search the forums before posting" lol. Alas, the 101 was very helpful. Switched to Guarding Vision app and resolved the doorbell video issue. With that working, I'm ok with not having 2 way audio from the camera... So Im good now.

Thanks again!