new dutch user

msxer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1.JPG
2.JPG
made some pics of the temporarily mountig of the ds-2cd2132F in relation to the IR glare problem mentioned earlier

as far as I can tell, there nothing nearby to cause the IR reflection, so I really think it's the foam of the lens not touching the dome because it's turned to it's max position

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi msxer,
Personally, I would move the camera and mount it above the door on a proper bracket and maybe move or change the lightCam Bracket.PNG. This will enable the camera position to be changed back so as not to cause the leaking as you mentioned. I dont like mounting cameras with a light directly above it. This can lead to light entering the camera by refracting off the dome.
If all else fails, use this cam somewhere else and buy a DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret Network Camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@msxer I realize this is an old thread, but the reflection is likely caused by the sharp angle of the lens. Its pointed way too far down so either ir is reflecting off the camera or the foam seal is not flush.

msxer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can confirm that the sharp angle of the lens was causing the IR leakage.

In stead of mounting a bracket to solve this problem, I got a 2332 turret which doesn't have this problem.

The turret has no problem at all with the sharp angle and works great.