New firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea NTSC and PAL 20180330

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here we go for the latest new firmware (with Dahua logo )for the IPC-HxW5XXX, this suits for most cams we posted here, some guys not buy from us also can download here and upgrade your cams, no problem at all, lol.

Released date : 20180330, Version :V2.622.0000000.23.
This year, EPOE will be used for most eco Savy 3.0 and Ultra smart ones. So the IPC-HDW5231R-Z will not available from now on,but i still have some stock, so still can process the orders.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDXX42XX-XX also use this firmware, such as IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE

I also have firmware for NVR5216-4ks2 Mulit-languages now, but only can send who bought from us, i will put the English firmware with dahua logo here when i have time.
Any guys require no logo firmware for the cams and the NVR, just send me message.

Andy

Attachments

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Andy, just given the PAL version a go on one of my 5231R-Zs now, one thing I did notice that the autoupgrade feature didn't seem to be working as when I did a manual check it showed that the currently installed September 2017 firmware was the most up to date.

I'd had issues with the previous November 17 firmware (201711) with the Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB microSD but this seems to be working fine here (it's the same camera that I had problems with last time) so whatever the problem was I had before has been fixed :) The ZE that I bought a couple of weeks back did come with 201711 and that works fine with the same Toshiba card though which I did find strange!

The camera is working fine for me in Blue Iris so far thank-you.

Is it a requirement to reset settings to default with this firmware (I know it's usually best practice) so just checking :)

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Andy, just given this a go on one of my 5231R-Zs now, one thing I did notice that the autoupgrade feature didn't seem to be working as when I did a manual check it showed that the currently installed September 2017 firmware was the most up to date.

I'd had issues with the previous November 17 firmware (201711) with the Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB microSD but this seems to be working fine here (it's the same camera that I had problems with last time) so whatever the problem was I had before has been fixed :) The ZE that I bought a couple of weeks back did come with 201711 and that works fine with the same Toshiba card though which I did find strange!

The camera is working fine for me in Blue Iris so far thank-you.

Is it a requirement to reset settings to default with this firmware (I know it's usually best practice) so just checking :)
That is correct, just make a default when you update the cam.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Andy - I've just upgraded the 5231R-ZE that you sent a couple of weeks ago and again working fine on the new PAL firmware so far :)

That one was on 201711 from the factory and again the manual firmware check in the camera menu said it was up to date (maybe that method is saved for security updates?)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Andy - I've just upgraded the 5231R-ZE that you sent a couple of weeks ago and again working fine on the new PAL firmware so far :)

That one was on 201711 from the factory and again the manual firmware check in the camera menu said it was up to date (maybe that method is saved for security updates?)
Yes, seems that function useless, because the firmware i sent always the latest new one, you can see dahua website still 201709 firmware,

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here we go for the latest new firmware (with Dahua logo )for the IPC-HxW5XXX, this suits for most cams we posted here, some guys not buy from us also can download here and upgrade your cams, no problem at all, lol.

This year, EPOE will be used for most eco Savy 3.0 and Ultra smart ones. So the IPC-HDW5231R-Z will not available from now on,but i still have some stock, so still can process the orders.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDXX42XX-XX also use this firmware, such as IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE

I also have firmware for NVR5216-4ks2 Mulit-languages now, but only can send who bought from us, i will put the English firmware with dahua logo here when i have time.
Any guys require no logo firmware for the cams and the NVR, just send me message.

Andy
I Also will have a newer firmware which has a big updates. Still under testing, when all ok, will release here, i can send @looney2ns for testing firstly.
New ones can select PAL&NTSC on 1 firmware, and support multi-languages.
upload_2018-5-8_17-19-23.png

upload_2018-5-8_17-18-10.png

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Do you know what fixes/features are included in the new firmware?

Thanks.

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
Having an odd issue after the update to my HDW5830R-Z. After the update when I go to System>Import/Export neither the Import nor Export buttons work. I click them but nothing happens.
I tried restarting the cameras as well and same results. Anyone else seeing this?

Also tried it in Chrome and Internet Explorer

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having an odd issue after the update to my HDW5830R-Z. After the update when I go to System>Import/Export neither the Import nor Export buttons work. I click them but nothing happens.
I tried restarting the cameras as well and same results. Anyone else seeing this?

Also tried it in Chrome and Internet Explorer
Same here from what I can see and there's a blank backup path and nothing happens on either button.

More worrying was I got in from work tonight and the new 5231R-ZE was showing as disconnected in Blue Iris. The IP wasn't responding although the network port was showing as up and using power.

I just disabled and re-enabled the port to cause a reboot and the camera came back up.

I've enabled remote syslogging here to try and help if it does it again.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually that's weird - I put a 128GB microSD into the ZE and I just checked the footage and although Blue Iris showed the camera as going offline at 18:02 (I confirmed it wasn't pinging from other machines in the house) it carried on writing to microSD without any issues.

I'll keep an eye on it but I didn't see the network drop out on the previous firmware version - the Z I also upgraded at the same time is currently working fine though.

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually that's weird - I put a 128GB microSD into the ZE and I just checked the footage and although Blue Iris showed the camera as going offline at 18:02 (I confirmed it wasn't pinging from other machines in the house) it carried on writing to microSD without any issues.

I'll keep an eye on it but I didn't see the network drop out on the previous firmware version - the Z I also upgraded at the same time is currently working fine though.
Thank you, please let us know if you find anything else.

One of my cameras also went "offline" on the network but showed still drawing power until I rebooted it.

Heire

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Andy, any idea on a new firmware for the 8 series? 8232 for example.

Thanks

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok I had a 5231R-Z also just drop offline this morning. Again it's written to the microSD for two hours while the network stack dropped.

@EMPIRETECANDY it seems there is a bug in this firmware causing the network to drop out - both cameras here also have mocroSD cards fitted and I've seen the problem with a 5231R-Z and also the ZE.

@SirAce135 also saw the same problem.