New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202.zip

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua are turning into a Chinese version of Microsoft - constantly dropping powerful hints / annoying people to upgrade to the next generation hardware instead of fixing the current generation - until one day everybody stopped bothering to upgrade to the next version of Windows and suddenly Microsoft had to start giving away free Windows 10 upgrades and now Microsoft know that game is up they are steadily improving Windows 10 - suspect eventually same thing will happen to Dahua - the market will be saturated with installed cameras and Dahua will have to stop playing games and just make them work re firmware or loose market share - that spectre of market share loss is what made Microsoft eventually behave.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's just weird others here don't seem to experience these issues...

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy,
With the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE I just got from you. This new firmware does not seem to control the watermark. I don't see the watermark on the screen in the cameras GUI at all. Or am I doing something wrong? Below is default setting after flashing.
View attachment 53300
The water mark is imbedded in the file, not displayed on the screen normally. It's to prove that the file has not been tampered with.
The only way to see the watermark is to use Dahua's standalone Smart Player viewer.
Google is your friend.

GBillR

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking to confirm that this firmware is correct for my IPC-HDW5431R-ZE camera. Currently I am on 2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13. I notice this firmware seems to be correct for my camera (purchased from Andy), but given the change from 622 to 800, I would like confirmation if anyone can provide it. I do not see mention of this particular model number in the thread, but the OP does include IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE.

Call me overly cautious, but I messed this up a few years ago, and the recovery was painful.

Thank you!

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FWIW, i've only see the switching to sub stream "for better video experience" when my connection is bandwidth limited. are you all seeing this on a hardwired connection ?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW, i've only see the switching to sub stream "for better video experience" when my connection is bandwidth limited. are you all seeing this on a hardwired connection ?
I see it on a hardwired connection with a new IPC-T5442TM-AS. Looks like I don't want to "upgrade" my 5231s right now. On the camera's web UI the main stream stays up for about a minute before switching to substream. Viewing the mainstream on smartPSS via the NVR is solid, which would seem to me to eliminate any network throughput issues.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see it on a hardwired connection with a new IPC-T5442TM-AS. Looks like I don't want to "upgrade" my 5231s right now. On the camera's web UI the main stream stays up for about a minute before switching to substream. Viewing the mainstream on smartPSS via the NVR is solid, which would seem to me to eliminate any network throughput issues.
I've found that setting the iFrame to equal the frame rate, stops this behavior.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've found that setting the iFrame to equal the frame rate, stops this behavior.
I'm running 10 for both settings. Maybe there's some magic combination of settings that helps, or browser type and version. This issue isn't significant to me because I rarely use the camera UI for viewing. My big issue is IVS not working very well with the 5442, but this is the wrong thread for me to whine about that.

XrayZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking to confirm that this firmware is correct for my IPC-HDW5431R-ZE camera. Currently I am on 2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13. I notice this firmware seems to be correct for my camera (purchased from Andy), but given the change from 622 to 800, I would like confirmation if anyone can provide it. I do not see mention of this particular model number in the thread, but the OP does include IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE.

Call me overly cautious, but I messed this up a few years ago, and the recovery was painful.

Thank you!
last is
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-HDMI-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813.zip

Thank you!
full list cams Hx5x3x-Rhea багатомовна прошивка IP відеокамер Dahua за 02.12.2019

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where am I looking for these logos? on the physical camera? On the camera login?

Default or Factory Default? They are two options in the Setting>System>Default
Logo:
Logo.PNG

No Logo:
No_Logo.PNG

Factory Default after firmware changes. May have to do it twice if you notice any quirkiness after the first one. Some folks like to do a hard reset which is applying power to the camera while holding the reset button (internal to the camera). Button hold duration varies, but 30 secs should do it.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have applied the "Build Date: 2019-12-02" version, but I miss the 'set interval' in the smtp options. I used this option to get only one email with a snapshot when a tripwire has been triggered. Now I get mutiple images when a tripwire is triggered.

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to resolve this?

old firmware:
usable_interval.JPG

new firmware:
missing_interval.JPG

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I have applied the "Build Date: 2019-12-02" version, but I miss the 'set interval' in the smtp options. I used this option to get only one email with a snapshot when a tripwire has been triggered. Now I get mutiple images when a tripwire is triggered.

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to resolve this?

old firmware:
View attachment 54190

new firmware:
View attachment 54189
curious do you have a full window shot of the older firmware or both? Your window shots here are cropped pretty small.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
curious do you have a full window shot of the older firmware or both? Your window shots here are cropped pretty small.
Do you mean the whole smtp settings page, like this:

with interval:
interval.png

without interval:
no_interval.png

for somehow the 'interval' settings are gone. I was happy with this setting. It isn't there anymore. :(
For the good thing, the update went well. I have already factory default the camera with no luck.

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't understand this instruction in Andy's OP:
Please make a default after make the update, ...
Does this mean "set the camera to defaults," as in Setting -> System -> Default -> Default, described as "Other configurations will be recovered to default except network IP address, user management and so on."?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But does that reset your video settings, like zoom, WDR, 3D NR etc?

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But does that reset your video settings, like zoom, WDR, 3D NR etc?
"Other configurations will be recovered to default except network IP address, user management and so on." I read that as: Essentially everything except what's needed to access it again.

I occasionally do config backups. I do config backups before every update/upgrade. I do the backup, then rename it to <camera_name>-CCYYMMDD-NN.backup, where "NN" is a two-digit sequence number--in case I want to do multiple config backups on a camera in one day. The most current config backups of each camera are kept in a "backups" sub-directory. Old versions are moved into an "old" sub-directory under that.

In the case of this update: The instruction to reset to default config implies changes in the config structure. So I will have -01 and -02 sequence numbers for each camera on the dates I do them. One from before the update and one from after the update, reset and restore.